DIYing it: Isabella Laughland’s Fabric & Chain Earrings — With A Chance To Win!
Carrie Morrissey / November 18, 2010
diyearrings01 110110 m jpg
2 of 6
You Will Need:
- Fabric: I chose a sheer knit fabric that is lightweight. Knit fabric is great because the edges won't fray.
- Tube beads: If you look closely, Isabella’s earrings have a nice narrow bit between the pearl and fabric. I recreated this by using a long narrow bead.
- Jump rings
- Wire-head pins
- Chain: A great way to get a cool chain is by checking out the thrift stores for a chain necklace or bracelet you can take apart. It’s way cheaper than buying chain at the bead store.
- Big opalescent beads
- Rotary blade: You can also use sharp scissors.
- Pliers: Needle nose, bent nose, and cutting are shown above.
- Earring hooks
- Needle and thread