Step 1: Preparing Your Chain
If your chain is not to your desired length, measure your chain to the length you would like and use cutting pliers to cut the chain to size.
1. Using your flat nose pliers, grip one side of the jump ring.
2. With the second pair of flat nose pliers, grip the other side of the jump ring and push away from yourself. This will open the jump ring.
3. Slide the magnetic clasp hook onto your jump ring. *Note: It’s magnetic so it will move around and chase your tools!
4. Slide your chain onto the same jump ring.
5. Using your flat nose pliers, cover the opening and squeeze the two sides of the jump ring back together. Make sure this is tight. Now you have the chain connected to your clasp!
6. Repeat on other end of chain.