50 Teeny Tiny Ways To Make Your House A Lot More Fabulous
For The Living Room
1. Arrange your books by the color of their spines, so all orange spines go together, all yellow, etc, and create a rainbow effect.
2. Use coasters.
3. Recycle magazines after reading.
4. Hide cell phone, TV, and laptop cords as best you can.
5. Mix pretty mirrors in with framed photos.
6. Invest in an ottoman that's hollow on the inside--it's great for storage.
7. Bright throw pillows.
8. Big art books.
9. Mix travel souvenirs in with books on your bookshelf.
10. Make sure your music system (whether it's state of the art or just your computer speakers) easily accessible so you can set the mood with one click.
11. Hang up maps of places you've been.
12. Stretch a gorgeous piece of fabric over a canvas--voila! Art.
13. A cozy throw blanket in a gorgeous color will get used year-round.