5 Recipes For Lazy People
Super Sexy Salad
Serves one or two, depending on who tells you they're hungry last minute.
1 bag of pre-washed arugula
1 orange pepper
1 block of Manchego cheese
1 handful of Marcona almonds
2 caps full of extra virgin olive oil
Red wine vinegar
1. Dump the bag of arugula into your one, giant bowl.
2. Cut your veggies and cheese block with your sharpest steak knife (leave seeds in and skin on if you feel like it). Put in bowl with arugula.
4. Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
5. Use the cap of the EVOO to measure (so you don't have to wash your measuring spoons). Splash on as much vinegar as you like.
6. Mix the salad with two forks and serve to yourself and your guest if there is one.
Notes: The modern, lazy chef should be able to prepare a salad at a moment's notice. My first serious boyfriend claims he fell in love with me when I made him this salad. I had invited him over to play cards and listen to music. He told me he was hungry and I was ill-prepared. I whipped up this salad with the stuff I had in the fridge. I guess the use of the arugula, Marcona almonds and Manchego cheese (which I incidentally stole from one of my roommates) made him think I was a good cook. How wrong he was. But the important lesson I learned was that using a few gourmet-type ingredients can fool people into thinking you can.