Some pop stars like to be seen and heard. They rock a mic and their look. So, in honor of the men who make “pretty boy” sound so good, here are The Frisky’s Top Five Metrosexual Musicians:
5. Andre 3000 What’s cooler then being cool? Being Andre 3000, a gentleman so stylish he makes plaid golf gear look hip.
4. Marc Anthony The always dapper Anthony probably has a walk-in closet of clothing only rivaled by his wife’s. Even as a new dad, he’s constantly clad in a suit and you know J. Lo only lets him off his leash for spa days.
3. Mick Jagger More preened then even his supermodel arm candies, Mick Jagger is the grandfather of metrosexual. The rock ‘n’ roller is still wearing skin-tight stuff with sequins well into his swinging 60’s.
2. Pharrell Williams From head to rims, Pharrell is covered in all the right trims. He matches more than beats, Pharrell wears baggy hip-hop clothes with color-coded sophistication. He also knows how to rock a fur.
1. Justin Timberlake Started out in a coordinated boy band, but now he’s all that with his own clothing line. In his signature skinny ties with vests, JT’s ensembles are as smooth as his moves.
Keep reading »
It was 90 degrees in NYC yesterday, but Liev didn’t seem to follow Naomi’s fashion advice on how to dress appropriately when it’s hot and sticky. [New York City, 6/26/08] Keep reading »
Violet in the kind of child who is so cute we want to eat her. [Lake Shrine Park, Los Angeles, 6/26/08] Keep reading »
Maybe we were a little hard on the fellas yesterday, with our slideshow of fashion trends we hate for them to wear…but you gotta admit, you agreed with us at least on the mandles, right? Anyway, in the interest of preserving the peace between The Frisky and, uh, mankind, we’ve put together a slideshow of men’s fashion trends we totally approve of. Feel free to take notes. Keep reading »
Oh no they didn’t! Karolina Kurkova, the Victoria’s Secret supermodel that Elle recently posted about in the forums, has been called fat by the Brazilian press. The smack talk started after a show in Sao Paulo, where Kurkova walked the runway with more meat on her bones than usual. And gasp, she has cellulite on her booty. Um, good for her! And for the record, we think she looks sexier than ever. [Fox News]
Keep reading »
Today, while I was researching images for a slideshow, I came across this fine specimen modeling clothing on the site ActiveEndeavors.com. I immediately fell in love. Then I sent his picture to Catherine who said she was in love too. Then we fought over him and tore each other’s hair out and scratched and stuff, but neither of us came out the winner because we don’t know who he is. He’s fine though, huh? Further proof that you don’t need a personality or a job or a brain or a name to be considered HOT. Keep reading »
A new study is claiming women don’t like one-night stands. Um, doesn’t a blanket statement like that need circumstantial qualifications? Such as: Women don’t like one-night stands when:
1. It’s a pity lay.
2. They’re new to college and sex, so they’re not really sure how to do it.
3. They’ve accidentally taken home David Hasselhoff.
4. They’re drunk and/or regret it the next day.
Then maybe the research compiled by Professor Ann Campbell of Durham University through an internet survey, claiming that 54% of women have negative feelings the next day, might make sense. After all, why would women do something they don’t want to over and over again? We here at The Frisky get it and take it when we want it. Sure, we all want quality over quantity, but women are adults and we all make our own decisions. Sure, someday we may use our tunnel of love for birthin’ babies, but up until that point, we’re all just in it for the ride. Well, at least 46% of us. [Sunderland Echo]
Keep reading »
After yesterday’s “Men’s Summer Fashion Trends We Hate” slideshow, I was reading Us Weekly and came across one I didn’t even know about. “I wax my privates,” says Sean “Diddy” Combs. As in BALD. Beyonce’s beloved, Jay-Z, also goes for the hairless look. A representative for the Pink Cheeks Salon in L.A. says, “Sexually, you can’t beat it.” Yikes, really? I’ve heard of guys trimming their area significantly because it makes their weens look bigger, but I don’t think I could handle a totally hairless groin. It’s too gay porn star for my taste. What do you ladies think — guys going bald below the belt, yay or nay? Keep reading »