- Diane von Furstenberg just announced that she’ll be launching a new fragrance, cosmetics, and skin care line this year. We predict punchy colors will reign. [Elle UK]
- Rumor has it (again) that Karl Lagerfeld will retire from Chanel in 2012 and that he’ll “stage a massive, never-before-seen, no-expense-spared farewell.” [Fashionologie]
- Prada is apparently $1.4 billion in debt! (Didn’t see that one coming.) Some think the company might start selling public shares. [Styleite]
… More fashion news after the jump! Keep reading »
Over at Asylum, the guys have found a dude who wants women to sit on his face to promote world peace.
“Roman Shusterman, a 29-year-old unemployed political activist, has started a ‘Peace Through Face-Sitting’ movement in Manhattan’s Union Square, where every day from 2 to 6 p.m. (weather-permitting), he will let you sit on his face — all in the name of promoting world peace.”
Read more … Keep reading »
I was a child when I first learned that fragrance holds a very important role in the life of a woman. My aunt, a designer at Tiffany and Co., always wore Givenchy’s Amarige, and to this day every time I have a whiff of it she is immediately next to me. The scent that one wears can define them to others–it’s a silent signature that stays in the subconscious of everyone who comes into contact with them.
“Long after one has forgotten what a woman wore, the memory of her perfume lingers.”
- Prada “Infusion D’Iris” [$56, Sephora]
- La Prairie “Life Threads Sapphire” [$69, Fragrantica]
- “Outspoken” by Fergie [$28, Avon]
Tell us: What’s your signature scent?
You probably know actor Bill O’Malley as Kurt’s currently comatose dad on “Glee.” And while he knows that all the Gleeks are desperate to find out if he makes it or kicks the bucket, Bill would rather talk about the project he is bringing to life on the side. When O’Malley isn’t listening to the sweet serenades of New Directions, he is writing and producing the upcoming Showtime series “Shameless,” which will star William H. Macy and premiere in January. No musical numbers are involved.
Check out what other stars are working on scripts, screenplays, and stage numbers. Keep reading »
Welcome to “Things In His House That Make Me Sad,” a regular series from the blog Shmitten Kitten that we’ll be featuring on The Frisky, about the stuff seen in so many guys’ apartments that just make you shake your head and sigh.
When I asked him for a Q-tip, he said, “Sorry, babe. I don’t have any.” Frankly, a bathroom without Q-tips is a bathroom I don’t wanna be in. I have needs that can only be met with a firm stick with cotton tightly wound on both sides. I have eyeliner to correct. I have mascara smeared under my eyebrow I have to wipe away. I have an itch in my ear THAT NEEDS TO BE SCRATCHED. Keep reading »