Sure, the summer months are filled with picnics, beach days, and travel to far-flung hot spots, but that doesn’t mean romance has to die when winter rolls around. Besides the most obvious cold weather distraction for couples, here are 20 date ideas for heating things up when the temperature drops.
- Make hot chocolate cocktails. Get creative with peppermint schnapps, Bailey’s, Kahlua, or white chocolate liquor and hold a taste-off to see who mixed the best drink.
- Go ice skating together. There’s something about bundling up and gliding around — or falling down — on the ice with your honey that makes winter seem almost, well, fun.
- Take a weekend get away at a bed-and-breakfast. For extra fun, book a room with a Jacuzzi.
- Bundle up and indulge in a little G-rated winter calorie-burning: cross-country skiing.
- Play tourist in your hometown and take a carriage ride huddled beneath a blanket. Geocities has information and links to carriage, wagon, buggy, and sleigh rides across the US.
Keep reading »
I’m still laughing about little Bronx Mowgli Simpson-Wentz. It made me wonder what delightful combination of NYC Neighborhood and Disney Character Ashlee and Pete would name ME if I was lucky enough to be their spawn? So I created a baby name generator! Check it out here and then come back and put in the comments what YOUR Simpson-Wentz baby name would be! For the record, you can start calling me Staten Island Aurora, bitches. [Simpson-Wentz Baby Name Generator] Keep reading »
Born: Aug 4, 1961, 7:24 PM in Honolulu, Hawaii
Sun Sign (Basic Self): Leo
Ascendant (Social Façade): Aquarius
Moon (Emotions): Gemini Keep reading »
“It used to be my thing, I would propose all the time. Just go up to someone, you know, and say ‘I love you’ or ask them to marry you. It always works.” — Robert Pattinson Keep reading »
This baby lion cub was cold, so the South Korean zoo where he lives gave him a heater to warm him up. [Chicago Tribune] Keep reading »
It’s comforting to know that even if I were fired from my job during these tough economic times and couldn’t find a way to make a living, I could still wake up every morning and call myself an artist. This woman does! She performed fellatio on a microphone during a performance art exhibit! It’s rather symphonic — I wonder if she considers herself a musician too? [Via Buzzfeed] Keep reading »
Benji Madden from Good Charlotte is a goody-goody next to wild child, Paris Hilton. Although they are supposedly “still in love,” they broke up due to lifestyle differences. She thought tattoos and a boy in the band would get her into the rock’ n’ roll lifestyle, but she picked a guy from a band loved by 13-year-olds. So, because her idea of a good time backstage is not getting a sugar high from pixie sticks, Paris decided to move on up and find a real tough guy, not just one who looks the part. Needless to say, Paris has gotta be a little wiser if she wants to live on the edge. She’s clearly going to need some help, especially since she’s also hunting for a new BFF. So we’ve got some suggestions for her new BF (you know this chick won’t stay single for long), after the jump…
Keep reading »