Zergnet: Simply Irresistible
- In anticipation of Sue Sylvester maybe telling off Gwyneth Paltrow on tomorrow’s episode of “Glee,” here’s Sue’s best insults so far. [TresSugar]
- Check out Hermione’s best words of wisdom over the years. [BuzzSugar]
- Jessica Simpson doesn’t want a pre-nup with Eric Johnson. [PopEater]
- Mel Gibson says he didn’t hit Oksana Grigorieva, only slapped her. Someone get this man a dictionary. [TMZ]
What’s healthier: Still bringing up your ex five-hundred moons after you broke up with him, or, say, doing a search for his name on Flickr and gaining access to his latest photo uploads in the privacy of your own apartment and/or cube?
Am I less insane for airing the fact that I can’t get over a girl I haven’t seen in the flesh since “Frasier” was on, or am I more mentally robust if I stay mum on her hold over me while examining the Facebook page of everyone we ever mutually knew to see if she’s posted anything on their walls or was in any of their photo albums?
- Check out Tina Fey’s acceptance speech for receiving the Mark Twain Prize for humor last week. Tina is only the third woman in history to do so after Lily Tomlin and Whoopi Goldberg. “I do hope women are achieving at a rate these days that we can stop counting what number they are at things,” Fey said. “Yes, I was the first female head writer on ‘Saturday Night Live,’ and yes, I was the second woman to be pregnant on the show, and yes, I am only the third recipient of this prize. I would love to be the fourth woman to do something, but I just don’t see myself married to Lorne [Micheals, producer of "SNL"].” She also thanks Sarah Palin: “My partial resemblance and her crazy voice are the two luckiest things that have ever happened to me.” [NYMag.com]
- Four hundred schools in the U.K. changed “gingerbread men” to “gingerbread persons” on a school newsletter in an attempt to be politically correct. [The Gloss]
As fashion lovers and huge proponents of creativity in general, Opening Ceremony has been a fashion mecca for many years. The retailer could do no wrong, in our opinion — or so we thought. Enter the Graeme Armour gold lame leather ruffle shorts. A hint (if you need one) that something won’t look good on a normal person is if they look atrocious on a model (which, these, in fact, DO). We are unclear as to the reasoning behind an article of clothing such as this, and wonder in all sincerity, if the designer was trying to play a cruel joke on us all. It’s just that with a sale price of $1,340, we are not laughing, at all.
If you think the front is bad, take a look at the back after the jump, and then tell us — would you wear these or anything like them, and if so, where?
The thing I am most excited for on the small screen this week: the return of Robin Sparkles on “How I Met Your Mother.” Oh, but there’s lots more to look forward to. After the jump, what you’ll want to watch this week from “16 and Pregnant” to the season finale of “Top Chef: Just Desserts.”
Keep reading »