Before you go out and get sauced on this New Year’s Eve and risk drunk dialing, drunk texting, or worse, there are a few applications you may want to download to your iPhone. A Sacramento writer volunteers his liver and sipping skills to test four sobriety apps. After the jump, find out which one is best for you. Keep reading »
I found these crazy heels by way of Trend de la Creme. Aren’t they wild? This particular model, with a rocket-riding robot on it, is called the Wonder Girl. Their creator? The UK-based shoe manufacturer Irregular Choice. And they’ve got plenty more shoe oddities to chose from, for girls who like to let their heels do their talking for them. Take, for example, these pale blue cheekily charmed boots with a see-through heel. These big-buckled ones sport prancing unicorns on their soles. Cherry Loves It are poppin’ if you’re lookin’ to get Shibuya-ready. Fancy yourself a space cowgirl? And then there’s the Alphabite. For dancing girls: a sky-high boot with a tipping slot. The line comes from the mind of designer David Sullivan and have rocked the runway at Heatherette. Keep reading »
Ladies! Throw those weight loss resolutions out the window. There is a new piece of workout equipment destined to change your life. It’s a shoe. I know, I was a skeptic too. But The MBT (Massai Barefoot Technology) is being called the world’s smallest gym. It looks like a sneaker but the sole is curved and thick. Initially, when you put them on it almost feels like you might fall backwards because it seems like you’re walking on a springy mass (like a trampoline) or a sandy beach. But once you get comfortable walking in the shoes, it’s like a total body workout without even putting in work. You just walk like you normally do. You can run your errands or go for a walk, only this time you’re getting a serious workout in. The shoe works on firming and toning your abs, thighs, legs and butt muscles. I’m not complaining about trying to drop a couple of holiday pounds. It also helps improve posture and relieves stress on our joints and back. The shoe is so hot reportedly celebs like Gwyneth Paltrow, Cher and Heidi Klum own a pair. Keep reading »
Women, like 41-year-old mother and five time Olympic swimmer, Dara Torres, made a lot of headlines this year. However, we also made some incredible strides out of the swimming pool. In honor of all those hardworking, won’t take no for an answer kind of bad asses who made those achievements possible, here are the Top 5 Women’s Rights Wins of 2008:
1. Aborted Anti-Choice Legislation: As America enthusiastically voted in Obama, the overwhelming majority also rejected anti-abortion legislation that would have restricted women from their legal right to choose as dictated by Roe v. Wade. Way to go South Dakota, Colorado, and California!
Keep reading »
You probably know Kelly Cutrone from her appearances on “The Hills” and now “The City,” but there’s so much more to her than wearing black, yelling at people, and giving advice about men.
1. Her dream job is “Being paid one million dollars a year to be a teacher in a village school in South India.”
2. She went to Syracuse University.
3. She has a young daughter named Ava. Keep reading »
Bristol Palin and her baby daddy Levi Johnston gave birth to healthy boy on Sunday. His name? Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnston. Say what? Is that the name of a new nail polish color? Was little Bristol trippin’ when she bought her baby books? Or perhaps she was paying homage to many “famous” “Tripps” on TV and in movies. After the jump, check out some famous “Tripps” that could have inspired Bristol and Levi… Keep reading »
Eurythmics star Dave Stewart has created a $2,000 vibrator. You’re probably thinking, “What kind of effing vibrator costs that kind of money?” It’s called the “Little Steel Tonight” vibrator, so we guess it doesn’t offer much besides a satin finish, a row of 28 diamonds and promotion for Stewart’s latest solo song. We’re not really sure what satin finish means. We thought all vibrators were supposed to be smooth, especially ones in shape of a bullet. This sex toy is also meant to be worn, hence the diamonds. The makers have threaded a leather chord through the cap and there’s also a custom guitar pick attached to the chord. Why anyone would want to use a vibrator that had been worn all day is beyond us. The chorus from Stewart’s song encircles the bullet, also. Plus, you can download the song for free after purchasing the vibrator. Yay! [Via Dlisted] Keep reading »
We’re not completely sure why Target decided to put out a “resort” line of summery clothes in the middle of winter. Did they do it to torment those of us currently dealing with snow and ice, or something? Luckily, there’s at least one piece in the Thakoon collection that you can wear right now, whether you live in Milwaukee (put on thick, brightly colored tights) or Florida (bare legs and sandals). We bet Thakoon-lover Michelle Obama is picking one up, too. [$39.99, Target.com] Keep reading »
This week, The Frisky will be revealing their oh-so-ambitious resolutions for 2009. We encourage you to submit yours in the comments—maybe you’ll inspire others to adapt the same resolutions and at the very least you’ll get some support. Especially for your resolution to eat more donuts this year. That’s something we can all get behind. Take it away, Annika…
1. Get a driver’s license: I put this on my resolutions list last year, but only achieved part of it. I was born and raised in NYC, so having a car is more of a luxury than a necessity. But now that I’m getting older I want to add a license to my list of accomplishments.
2. Go to Europe: I haven’t been to Europe since I was a little babe. My plan is to reconnect with my cousin in London or my friend in Slovakia, so I can’t use not having a travel companion as an excuse. I also plan to adapt my style to where ever I’m going, so I don’t stick out like a tourist.
3. Pay off my credit card: I’m sick and tired of my credit card debt. And this year, I’ll actually have the means to pay it off in one fell swoop. So I will ignore whatever heels or boots that catch my eye until I’ve paid my debt.
Keep reading »