Zergnet: Simply Irresistible
- The inevitable argument over Michael Jackson‘s estate has begun. In his will written in 2002, Jacko didn’t leave a cent to his dad, Joe. Instead he’s givin’ it all to his mom, kids, and a few charities. The custody arrangements are a little foggy so, for now, the kids are staying with their grandmother. [Wall Street Journal]
- The National Enquirer continues to be dead on (pun!) with their reporting. In January 2009 they predicted “Michael Jackson — 6 Months To Live!” [Buzzfeed]
Is Lindsay Lohan still relevant enough to host parties that actually draw a crowd? From the looks of this photo, she can pull it off if: A) it’s her birthday; B) there’s a swimming pool involved; and C) she wears something ridiculous. The former pop tart hosted an early 23rd birthday pool party for herself at the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino over the weekend dressed like schizophrenic basketball player with and a penchant for booties. Do you think she actually went swimming in this outfit? [The Cut]
Keep reading »
Think of fireflies, and you might recall memories of summer where you looked at the flashing lights hovering over a field, or even ran through them, trying to cusp your hands around one of the insects to catch the glowing lights. Really, you were just stepping into a huge orgy. The New York Times talked with evolutionary ecologist Sara Lewis to find that the flashing lights in fireflies are mating calls. However, what Dr. Lewis found in her research is that they aren’t any old mating calls, and the conditions for firefly seduction are eerily similar to what (human) women go through when finding a guy: “The female fireflies turned out to be remarkably picky. In many cases, a male flash got no response at all. In some species, females preferred faster pulse rates. In others, the females preferred males that made long-lasting pulses.” Keep reading »
Do blondes have more fun? Perhaps. There’s only one way to find out. Yet, most of the time, people will talk you out of a drastic, bleach blonde look. Screw them. If Taylor Momsen can do it, so can you. Here, tips from Julie Dickson, an expert in achieving light hues and owner of the fabulous Fox and Boy Salon in New York City. Keep reading »
- Jay-Z reportedly threatened to cancel his performance at the BET Awards if Chris Brown was allowed to pay tribute to Michael Jackson. [New York] — I wonder how Jay feels now that Rihanna wants to work on her “friendship” with Chris.
- Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick have released a photo of their week-old twin daughters. [Dlisted] — Son James Wilke doesn’t look too thrilled, though.
- Tameka “Tiny” Cottle, T.I.’s fiancee, and Antonia “Toya” Carter, Lil Wayne’s ex-wife, will star in the reality show “Tiny & Toya,” airing June 30. [AP] — Hot mess!
Well, not really, but that is Mimi, cross-dressing at her video shoot for her song “Obsessed.” She’s a beautiful woman, but a hideous man. [NYC, 6/29/09] Keep reading »
In America, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals are well known for their shock-tactic ads, but they’re not the only pro-animal rights organization willing to go overboard with advertising in order to bring attention to the cause. Wakker Dier, which means “Animal Awake,” is a Dutch organization that’s Europe’s PETA counterpart. For their campaign, they hired Dutch Playmate and fetish model Ancilla Tilia to play the part of a stripper who gets clubbed and stripped like an animal. Watch it, after the jump, but be forewarned it’s fairly graphic.
While PETA’s ads have a tendency to be more silly than shocking, this ad is a real eye-opener. But does the video get across the organization’s mission? Does watching a fetish model get “clubbed” and “stripped” make people more sensitive to animal rights? Or does the viral path this ad will take mean more people will be thinking about animal rights than they were yesterday? [ANIMAL via Copyranter] Keep reading »
Over the weekend I was so busy being cool, I didn’t have any time to watch some random documentary on squids. But if I had watched that nerdy movie, I would have learned that some male squids go right from boner to bummer because they die right after they mate. And you thought losing your virginity was rough!
But it turns out that sex and death go together for a lot of male animals— not just David Carradine. (Too soon for Carradine jokes? Sorry.) Anyway, here are some more weird animal sex facts about animals that make sweet love before it kills them. Sigh, at least my sex life is better than that!