Zergnet: Simply Irresistible
Sunday, February 6th is a going to be a big day in the McDonell-Parry household. While all those football fans get themselves all worked up over the Packers and the Steelers, Lucca and I are going to be drooling and squealing and clapping with delight as we watch the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet. Well, that will be my reaction — Lucca will just be barking at the screen, pissed that these two-dimensional mongrels dare to infiltrate her turf. Anyway, in preparation, I have spent the last half hour drooling and squealing and clapping with delight looking at photos of the 20 puppies in the Puppy Bowl’s starting lineup. After much internal debate, I picked my personal fave — but 19 others are close seconds.
Nineteen-year-old Scout Willis recently sat down with step-dad Ashton Kutcher to perform a song they wrote called “My Sober” for a YouTube vid. It’s a sweet little ditty and I like the simplicity of Scout’s voice over Ashton’s humble guitar strumming, but I’m sort of distracted by the fact that theirs is technically a parent/child relationship. I mean, he looks like he could be her boyfriend or older brother, especially decked out in that football jersey. It weirds me out. [PopEater] Keep reading »
Planning a royal wedding is no joke—Kate Middleton has resigned from her post at her parent’s party supply company to attend to all the assorted details of her April 29th nuptials. Already, we’re a little worried that the event might be stuck in the ’80s—Kate is wearing Diana’s decade-of-decadence engagement ring, the couple’s engagement photos look eerily like the ones Princess Charles and Diana took back in the day, and the wedding is going down in Westminster Abbey which … booorrrring. And now we hear that the Buckingham Palace staff has sent out save-the-date notices to the royal families of Europe—by fax machine. I mean, couldn’t they just have sent carrier pigeons? [OMG News, People] Keep reading »
Pony play is erotic or non-sexual role play where one person is the animal and one is the owner. It is often used in a BDSM context where the submissive person is humiliated by being treated as an animal. PETA can’t be happy about this. Stomp! Whinny! Neigh!
- Canna Cola, a new $15 can of soda made from pot, will start selling on Friday at medical marijuana dispensaries around the country. It comes in grape, orange and lemon flavors as well, but is apparently less potent than other pot beverages on the market already. All we want to know is, will it still give us the munchies? [Time]
- Justin Bieber will appear on a Jan. 30 episode of “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.” That guest appearance is about as random as his nail polish line. [OK! Magazine]
- Spencer Pratt’s new “rap” single, “Ain’t No Thang But A Chicken Wing” [Um, like the Outkast song? -- Editor] leaked today. Spencer said he recorded the song in the hopes that KFC would buy it and use it for commercials. Now he’s pissed it has been leaked. You know, this sounds so harebrained it is probably true. [TMZ]
- The size of a “healthy” waist may be bigger for black women, according to a study in the journal Obesity. [Reuters]
- Anti-abortion activists are gathering this weekend in Washington, D.C., to protest against last weekend’s 38th anniversary of Roe vs. Wade. [Los Angeles Times]
- Police say four women whose bodies were found on Long Island beaches worked as escorts on Craigslist and may have been killed by a serial killer. [Wall Street Journal]