Zergnet: Simply Irresistible
Playboy Playmates are known for being bastions of class and social distinction, but sometimes something in them snaps and they go bad. This was apparently the case with1968 Playmate Angela Dorian, who tried to kill her husband in October, using a gun given to her by Roman Polanski 40 years ago. Dorian was besties with Polanski’s wife, Sharon Tate, who was murdered by Charles Manson. Polanski apparently gave her the gun to protect herself. But now the Playmate could face life in prison, after shooting her husband during an argument. [TMZ]
- Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens are calling it Q. High school is officially over. [E Online]
- Pro tennis player Rafael Nadal is the new abs and bulge of Armani underwear and jeans. So long, Cristiano Ronaldo. We’ll miss you, but this guy is HOT. [PopBytes]
- The OWN trailer proves that the network will be nothing short of Oprah-tastic. Set your DVR for January 1, 2011 and keep your tissue box handy. [Oprah]
Sometimes bad clothes happen to good people. And even your favorite celebrity can occasionally step out of the house looking less than flawless.
So while we love these ladies and adore the designers, there were some moments this year when the fashion gods seemed to be punishing celebrities for their misdeeds.
- For the first time ever, an all-female team has won the reality show “The Amazing Race.” It only took 17 seasons! Congratulations to the lucky winners, Nat Strand and Kat Chang, who took home a $1 million prize. [New York Times]
- Women did not advance much in the nation’s boardrooms this year: In fact, 136 Fortune 500 companies still have no women executives. Catalyst, a non-profit that gathers data on women in the workplace, has all the depressing stats. [Reuters]
- Looking for holiday gift ideas for teen girls other than lip gloss and sweatpants with the word “Juicy” across the butt? Bitch Magazine has a list of great feminist presents, including books, subscriptions to magazines and summer camp. Damn, I wish back in the day someone had given me a book called The Girls’ Guide To Rocking! [Bitch Magazine]
Sure, people may be feeling the Christmas cheer. But there’s a more Grinch-like emotion that I’m feeling right now: television withdrawal. Just as I’ve gotten totally hooked on all my shows, they’re on hiatus until late January. Insert long sigh here. But never fear, there is lots to watch this week, from a “Vampire Diaries” marathon” to a “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” smackdown that promises to get as physical as things did in New Jersey. Keep reading »
Michelle Williams (who plays Glinda in the upcoming “Oz the Great and Powerful”) is not only one of our favorite actresses — hello, her performances in “Brokeback Mountain,” “Blue Valentine,” “My Week With Marilyn” are some of the best ever — but she’s also one we always watch for on the red carpet. What will she wear?! She never disappoints. It was reallllllly hard to choose, but here are our 10 favorite dresses ever worn by Michelle Williams.