Zergnet: Simply Irresistible
I personally like it when celebrity women share their weight or their dress size, especially when it’s done with pride. It is most definitely none of our business, but it makes them feel more relatable, more human, and their beauty more attainable. Katy Perry talked numbers in her March Elle interview. “I’m generally around 130 pounds, which is totally fine for me. But when I was a kid, I was the same height and weighed more like 145. And I had enormous boobs that I didn’t know what to do with, so I wore minimizers, which were not cute,” she admitted. It’s nice to know that Katy has not always been — and still isn’t — perfect. But man, she’s close, even though this cover doesn’t do her justice with the 17 layers of clothing she’s wearing. Styling fail. Click through to see other famous ladies who have shared their stats. [Huffington Post]
- Attention, Gleeks! The cast of “Glee” is going on tour across the U.S. in summer 2011. Will Lea Michele and her mountains of hair extensions be coming to a city near you? [RyanSeacrest.com]
- Christina Aguilera flubbing the national anthem at the Super Bowl is apparently grounds for a “mental health intervention”? Um, what? [The Superficial]
- “Sex and the City”‘s Cynthia Nixon and her fiancee, Christine Marinoni, became the proud new mommies of a son, Max, yesterday. Christine carried the pregnancy and both are doing fine. [People]
- Lindsay Lohan will be charged with felony grand theft for stealing/borrowing a $2,500 necklace. [TMZ]
Apparently one Brit didn’t want to snog an overaggressive coworker — and now he’s suing. Meanwhile this spat across the pond is changing our views on sexual harassment.
When most people conjure up an image of sexual harrassment, usually they picture a female victim being objectified by a male aggressor. But statistics tell us that men are two-fifths of sexual harassment victims — and British retail worker Konstantinos Kalomoiris says he numbers among them.
Kalomoiris alleges that Bianca Revrenna, his coworker at British department store John Lewis regularly sexually harassed him while on the job. According to Kalomoris, Revrenna repeatedly squeezed his butt. Read more… Keep reading »
- Lynn Wachtmann, a Republican state representative from Ohio, will introduce a “Heartbeat Bill” on Wednesday that will criminalize abortion after the first detectable fetal heartbeat. [KFOR]
- The CEO of Deutsche Bank, Josef Ackermann, said more women would add color and beauty to his boardroom. Because that’s what we’re here for: to look pretty for you, sir. [Sky News]
- Barriers keeping women from scientific fields include the pressure to balance a career and family and discouragement from an interest in science at a young age, according to a new study out of Cornell University. [UPI]
I recently canceled my OK Cupid account for the millionth time because I was sick of going out on dates with guys who weren’t actually interested in dating. But I’m happy the site exists if only because the data they release is so random and fascinating. For example, the site found that people whose taste buds are titillated by beer are a lot more likely to sleep with someone on the first date. What about wine drinkers? What about wine drinkers?! Oh wait, I know the answer to that question. [OK Cupid] Keep reading »