Zergnet: Simply Irresistible
It’s only 9 a.m. — is it wrong that I feel like imbibing a Bloody Mary while I blog away? I’d like to think not. A drink before noon every once in a while is not such a bad thing, right? There are some fabulous females on television who make me feel A-OK about daytime drinking. According to them, any time of day is the right time of day for a cocktail. Carpe diem! It’s Happy Hour somewhere. After the jump, our favorite daytime drunks. That is said with the utmost love and respect, of course. Cheers!
- “30 Rock”‘s Elizabeth Banks has welcomed a son, Felix, via a surrogate. [Oh No They Didn’t!]
- Barry Bonds’ former mistress, Kimberly Bell, told a jury the baseball player threatened to cut off her head, cut out her breast implants, and burn her house down after he began using steroids. Yikes. Bonds is currently on trial for perjury. Don’t do drugs, kids! [L.A. Times]
- Wendy Williams, Kirstie Alley and Cheryl Burke reportedly snubbed Chris Brown backstage at “Dancing With The Stars.” [PopEater]
- A woman claims she has not been able to close her eyes after plastic surgery gone wrong. Ew! Another reason to keep what your mama gave you! [Gawker]
- Actor David Boreanaz has settled a sexual harassment lawsuit with an actress on “Bones” who claims he sent her lewd text messages and promised he could “make things happen” for her. [TMZ]
- Is the so-called “men’s rights” movement actually growing? God, let’s hope not. [Salon]
“It seems odd since I’ve only met Berlusconi once and that was in an attempt to get aid into Darfur.”
—George Clooney reacts to being called as a witness for the prosecution in the case against Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi, who is accused of hiring prostitutes, having sex with a 17-year-old and then covering the scandal up. Apparently, George and Elisabetta Canalis once attended a party Berlusconi threw, hence their presence on the witness list. Or the prosecutors are just fans who want autographs? [People] Keep reading »
Sexy usually means cleavage baring shirts or tight skirts with slits, but we thought, why not try sexing up the back? Backless shirts are an easy way to show an unexpected bit of skin — plus, you can wear them to work with a blazer or sweater over them, and then be ready to go out after. If you’re concerned about not wearing a bra, try a colorful bandeau, or pair with a contrasting tanktop underneath. After the jump, our best backless picks!
So, apparently, Jennifer Aniston didn’t love our idea for her to direct an all female version of “The Three Amigos” starring herself, Courteney Cox, and Lisa Kudrow. Looks like she wanted something more meaty and heartfelt for her directorial debut. She has signed on for “Project Five,” a Lifetime project that will meld together five short films about different breast cancer survivors. And Jennifer won’t be the only famous director—Demi Moore and Alicia Keys will also be stepping behind the camera for the cause. Keep reading »