Zergnet: Simply Irresistible
Egads, Carrot Top ditched his signature orange curls for a straight and sleek ‘do on the cover of Las Vegas Magazine. When he looked at a photo of himself with his new mane he joked, “I would have sex with her … I’m pleasantly shocked, I look really good.” Hmmm. I don’t know if “good” is the right word. Maybe “more like the bride of Chuckie.” He could do himself an even bigger favor by discontinuing use of man makeup. His straightening process, which took four hours, was labor intensive. “It was all pulling, yanking, tugging and straightening. I’ve never been through anything like it,” he explained. As a natural Curly Girl who has decided to embrace my hair, I wince a little bit when I see a curly go straight — even if it is Carrot Top. Click through to see some more curly-hair celebs who played it straight. How do you like them better? I am biased, of course. [Las Vegas Sun]
- Former “American Idol” judge Kara DioGuardi opens up in her new memoir, A Helluva High Note, about the molestation she suffered as an 11-year-old and her experience as an adult being date raped by a well-known music producer. DioGuardi writes that she kept the rape to herself for years out of fear that angering him would ruin her career. [PopEater]
- Drama! A “Glee” extra has leaked the identities of the prom king and prom queen on Twitter (but fret not — there’s no spoiler at the link). Heads will roll! [Crushable]
- 100 songs, $100 in aid relief to Japan — what could be a better deal? A group called Songs of Love for Japan is selling 100 songs from artists like Tori Amos, Sara Bareilles, Ani DiFranco, and Elizabeth and the Catapult, and donating proceeds to ShelterBox, a charity that helps in disaster areas. (If $100 is too steep for your pocket, you can get a sampler of 20 songs for $20!) It runs through Thursday April 21st at 10:00 a.m. EST, so hop to it! [Songs Of Love For Japan]
- ZOMG, check out these 13 recipes featuring Cadbury creme eggs. Those brownies look amazing! Someone bake these, please. [BuzzFeed]
- Five myths about Planned Parenthood that it’s about time we cleared up! Are you reading, Congressional Republicans? [Washington Post]
- After Match.com agreed to screen its users against a sex offender database, the woman who sued the company after she was sexually assaulted on a date has revealed her identity. Carole Markin, a Los Angeles TV executive who filed the lawsuit anonymously as “Jane Doe,” applauded Match.com for agreeing to screen users. “I’m happy that they heard my message,” Markin said. “But I’m cautiously optimistic. They’re a big company, so we’re waiting to see what will happen.” [AOL News]
- Women are more likely to quit engineering jobs due to negative work environments rather than trouble balancing work/family, according to a study by the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. [Montreal Gazette]
On tonight’s episode of “All On the Line,” Elle Creative Director Joe Zee helps out Gemma Kahng. Kahng was part of the early ’90s power suit revolution, but quickly made a slew of bad business decisions and burned through all her money. Will Zee be able to get Kahng back on track? Or will she walk away from it all? Check out “All On the Line” tonight to find out!
Everyone seems to be losing their minds over the impending Prince William/Kate Middleton nuptials, but I can’t really be bothered. Kate is a pretty girl, but she doesn’t excite the way Princess Diana did. Or at least that’s my prerogative. Perhaps nothing could compare to the hoopla surrounding Diana, and sure, style isn’t a zero sum game, but check out these side-by-side photos of Kate and Diana and tell us what you think. Is Kate great? Or does Diana reign supreme?
I instantly developed a crush on Chef Marcus Samuelsson after I met him a few months ago. (Um, have you heard his lisp?!) And now I’ve fallen hard for his other half, Ethiopian-born model Gate Maya Haile, who is as beautiful as he is handsome. While both Marcus and Gate excel in their chosen careers, I’d like them to get started on a rewarding side gig — parenting. Can you imagine how adorable their children will be? Find out more about Gate in UPTOWN magazine’s exclusive Q&A. Keep reading »