Zergnet: Simply Irresistible
- An audio tape of Paula Abdul calling 911 on a Valentine’s Day date with her boyfriend has been released. A hysterical Paula is heard yelling into the phone, “I wanna go and he won’t let me!” Moments later Paula tells the dispatcher he’ll drop her off. Police visited her at home that night and found she was fine. Paula’s spokesperson told TMZ, “Arguments with loved ones are often times heated. After the call was made everything was worked out.” [Oh No They Didn't!]
- Justin Bieber apologized for flipping off the paparazzi while out celebrating his 17th birthday with girlfriend Selena Gomez. Frankly, it was the first time I saw him behave like a real, live teenaged boy. [PopEater]
- The National Enquirer claims Zac Efron was seen holding hands with a man … in front of Vanessa Hudgens. Who cares?!?! [Oh No They Didn't!]
- How the hell does Taylor Momsen walk in these heels? [Celebuzz]
- “Dolores P.”, a woman training to be a nurse practitioner, shares with fellow ladyblog The Hairpin why she wants to become an abortion provider, especially during this particularly weird political climate. [The Hairpin]
- Harding University in Arkansas has stopped a queer ‘zine on campus, The State of the Gay, from appearing online because of what they call “questionable content.” [Jezebel]
- Why does the wage gap persist despite women’s educational advances? [Ms. Magazine]
Protect your iPhone from possible damage and indulge your family jewel fetish at the same time with a case adorned with dangling testes. Because, as the creators of Phoneballs put it, “Whether male or female, chances are you have been touched by a pair of balls in your life…. don’t you want to touch ‘em back?” [$15, Phoneballs]
[UPDATE: Yeah, I originally called it a 4G. I'm still using a rotary, what can I say?] Keep reading »
Here’s the rules: If you’re a teenage chastity advocate the one thing you really can’t do is get pregnant. If you’re a member of P.E.T.A. the one thing you really can’t do is kick your dog. And if you were ever the president of Mothers Against Drunk Driving the one thing you really can’t do is get busted behind the wheel with a blood alcohol level three times the legal limit.
One of these people forgot the rules.
Debra Oberlin of Gainesville, FL, a former president of M.A.D.D., was charged with a DUI after being pulled over for allegedly swerving back and forth across the road. Police report she had watery, bloodshot and dilated eyes and regsitered a blood alcohol level of .239. Read more… Keep reading »
There are different types of CPCs, but many are run by anti-abortion extremists which intentionally appear to look like abortion clinics from the outside but in actuality will dissuade women from ending a pregnancy through any tactic at all. The city council demanded that CPCs inform women on advertising and signs in entrances and waiting rooms that they do not actually provide abortions, emergency contraceptives or prenatal care. CPC employees will also be required to provide that information if asked about it over the phone or in person. NYC’s Mayor Michael Bloomberg is expected to sign the bill into law. Keep reading »