Zergnet: Simply Irresistible
Guys, I’d like to come to the defense of Lindsay Lohan. No, not for stealing/”borrowing” that jewelry. And not for making the movie “I Know Who Killed Me,” either. No, I’d like to defend Lindsay for showing up to her first day of community service without a bra on. Because who among us hasn’t walked out of the house without a bra on and realized a half hour later that maybe going without was a bad idea? Happened to me the other day. I went to walk my dog and pick up some tacos for lunch wearing just a loose sweatshirt. I took a look at myself when I passed a reflective surface and, holy crap, I did not realize my tits so obviously jiggled. I felt almost naked. I crossed my arms and hurried home, sans tacos. So, I’ve been there, Linds. I stand with you in stupidly bra-less solidarity. And so do these 29 other sexy braless stars!
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon have revealed the names of their twin babies, who were born on Saturday! Moroccan Scott Cannon is the baby boy and Monroe Cannon is the baby girl. Sadly, Butterfly Honey and Glittersparkle did not make the cut. [Dlisted]
- Beyoncé surprised a gym full of school kids in Harlem who were dancing to her song “Get Me Bodied” for Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move!” campaign and their reactions are so adorable! This video brought tears to my eyes because I am a major nerd. [NYmag.com Vulture]
- Jennifer Aniston’s former hookup, Brian Bouma, a lighting tech on “Love Happens,” blabbed to Radar Online all about their fling. Jen likes “bad boys” and made Brian “feel and act like a young school boy.” Jen allegedly chucked this chucklehead to the curb because he was “Mr. Too Pure.” [RadarOnline]
- Sarah Palin weighed in on the Osama bin Laden death photo debate on Twitter — because we all care what the former governor of Alaska thinks about it!!! — to tell President Obama, “Show photo as warning to others seeking America’s destruction. No pussy-footing around, no politicking, no drama; it’s part of the mission.” Translation: This was probably the only way Sarah could use the word “pussy” in reference to Obama in a tweet and not get in trouble. [BuzzFeed]
- An Iowa bill that will ban most abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy — which is when anti-abortion activists say a fetus can feel pain — was basically dead inside a state legislature committee, but a group of politicians used a loophole to send it to the Iowa Senate. The bill may be up for a vote as soon as next week. [Des Moines Register]
- Twenty years after she was raped at a college party, Liz Seccuro received an apology letter from her rapist. [Guardian UK]
Listen, Gap, I know you’re calling this a “denim romper” to try to make it seem trendy and fresh, but the truth is, I had the exact same piece of clothing in 4th grade, and back then we called it by its rightful name: “shortalls,” aka jean short overalls. Your version might not have Winnie the Pooh characters embroidered on the front pocket, but that’s the only detectable difference. The jig is up. And honestly, I don’t think the world is ready for shortalls to make a comeback. Keep reading »
I’m still not totally on board with the formal shorts thing. No matter the fabric, I feel like shorts are inherently a more casual choice than skirts or trousers. That being said, the formal-ish shorts that are filling the stores right now are adorned with a little something extra — ribbon belts, bows, leather trim, foldover waistbands or embellished hems — that make them seem exponentially more special than a pair of denim cutoffs. After the jump, seven options perfect for Sunday brunches with your girlfriends, wandering around an art museum, or date night with your lover.