Zergnet: Simply Irresistible
I don’t care what anyone says, I think bald guys are sexy. I used to be anti-baldy, but a hot ex helped me see the light … shining off the top of his head. (Sorry, couldn’t resist.) But seriously, there’s something distinguished and manly about a guy who is confident enough to either (a) shave it all off or (b) embrace his receding hairline instead of hiding behind a comb-over. Throw away your Rogaine, guys! When it comes to men’s hair my motto is: “If you don’t got it, flaunt it!” Here are some hot baldies I wouldn’t kick out of bed.
In these tough economic times, there’s nothing like diversifying projects to maintain income and interest, a trick both Raf Simons and Doc Martens know too well. In addition to running his own label as well as men’s and women’s collections for Jil Sander, Simons has extended his name and talent to a laundry list of collaborations including Asics and Fred Perry. Martens has done the same with recent partnerships with labels like Yohji Yamamoto and Stussy. So it only makes sense–and cents–for Simmons and Martens to collaborate in a venture of their own. The result is Raf Simons for Doc Martens, a collection of boots, loafers and shoes for boys which borrow the Belgium designer’s clean, modern aesthetic. Our favorite out of the line has to be these metallic numbers scheduled to be in stores and online this month. Log on to Doc Martens online to find out where to buy. [For your man. Bah! Wish they had women's. -- Editor] [Fashionisto] Keep reading »
Ring Pops are the ultimate cocktail rings, but, unfortunately, because they are made from sugar and taste sooooo good, they tend not to last very long (especially the cherry-flavored ones). But now we can wear a sweet treat on our finger without the sticky residue. These meringue-shaped rings, $22, are made of silicone, not high-fructose corn syrup, and we think they’d be the icing on top of our cute outfit cake. [Charles & Marie] Keep reading »
Who’d've thunk? For all Chelsea Handler’s crowing about sleeping with 50 Cent, his ex-girlfriend is none too impressed with his bedroom skills. Shaniqua Tompkins blabbed to the blog Mommys Dirty Little Secret that Fiddy was just “okay” in bed. When asked if she’d sleep with him again, Tompkins said, “No, he’s hard enough to get rid of, that would just make it worse.”
In the same interview, Floyd Mayweather, Jr.’s ex/baby mama Josie Harris also blabbed about her famous bedmate. Harris flat-out trashed Mayweather as “boring in bed,” and said she would only sleep with him “if he had a drink first. Sober Floyd is boring and I like to have fun in bed!” Buuuurn. [Vibe Vixen]
Thanks for the warning, ladies! We’re filing away this important information, in case we’re ever so desperate we need Chelsea Handler’s sloppy seconds or a noted domestic abuser. But these aren’t the only celebrity sex resumes you can find online: we’ve got all the deets on who’s a baller and who’s a blunderer in bed. Oh, Brody Jenner, why are we not the least bit surprised about you?
- The Ninth Circuit has ruled that Paris Hilton can sue Hallmark for allegedly misappropriating her image and her former catchphrase, “That’s hot!” [Law Blog] — Didn’t Hallmark know that the world was a cold, dank place until Paris let us know what was hot?
- Heidi Klum‘s coffee table book, Rankin’s Heidilicious, is full of steamy photos of Heidi shot over seven years by Rankin and is due out this October. [FoxNews.com] — I really love coffee table books because I don’t have to be embarrassed about only looking at the photos.
- Hollywood A-listers like Scarlett Johansson, Denzel Washington, and Jim Carrey have had to take pay cuts as a result of poor box office sales. [Impact Lab] — Their kind of pay cut is nothing like the average person’s, so I can’t have too much sympathy.
Restaurants produce plenty of waste, even the super fancy ones. Luckily, restaurant by-products are being put to good use. While the more typical thing to do with grease is to use it to fuel biodiesel cars, Further Soap uses it to make chic candles and soaps. Further’s products aren’t made from any ol’ restaurant grease though. Only the finest for them! Mario Batali and Nancy Silverton’s restaurant Mozza supplies the company with their oily crap, which gets made into hand soap and candles that smell like bergamot, olive, and exotic grasses. Who would have guessed old grease could be used to make such tasteful items? [Further Soap via Luxist] Keep reading »
When it comes to Stella McCartney, our personal philosophy is she can do no wrong, besides lower her prices a ton. First there was all that athletic wear, then fragrance, and now, Sir Paul McCartney’s daughter is expanding her collection to include sunglasses. The shades starts at $180 and go up to $250 — look for them to drop at Stella McCartney stores worldwide and online later on this year. Maybe it’s tough to love these at first sight, but take a second look and you’ll see their beauty: sleek, simple and sophisticated, much like McCartney herself. [FabSugar] Keep reading »
- Out of concern for their safety, young OB/GYN students admit to reconsidering whether or not they’ll do abortions after the recent murder of Dr. George Tiller, a physician in Kansas who terminated pregnancies. “Our doctors are graying and are not being replaced,” the president of the National Women’s Health Foundation has said. [Washington Post]
- Ex-schoolteacher Tiffany Sheperd, 31, has turned to porno after bikini pics got her fired from Port St. Lucie High School in Florida. Shepherd alleged she sent out 2,500 resumes after getting canned last April and has not been hired for a teaching position anywhere. In her new career, Shepherd’s stage name is Leah Lust and she has filmed five flicks, including one called “My First Sex Teacher.” [NY Daily News]
- The attorney for Rifqa Bary, the 17-year-old who ran away from home in Ohio to Florida because she fears her Muslim parents will kill her for converting to Christianity, filed a court memorandum requesting that the girl not be forced to go home. Bary has said her father threatened to kill her and her mother threatened to send her back to her home country of Sri Lanka after they discovered she is a Christian, although both her parents have denied the claims. Presently, the girl is living in foster care. [Fox News]
Thinking I was being smart with my money, I recently took three pairs of black high heels to my local shoe repair man to get them gussied up. All of them were in pretty sad condition—the heels worn down to the metal screw, soles thin, and scuffs all around. (FYI, these shoes weren’t anything super fancy, just good and basic Banana Republic and Nine West.) Keep reading »
I laughed out loud when I saw a Mental Floss article today about people who made ultra strange last requests in their wills. What tickled me so much is that the kookiest requests came from women. Take Sandra West, an oil heiress who sounds like her generation’s answer to Paris Hilton. When she died at the age of 37, her family discovered that her will dictated that she buried “in my lace nightgown…in my Ferrari, with the seat slanted comfortably.” Her family obliged her last wishes—she was buried in her 1964 powder blue roadster. Keep reading »