Zergnet: Simply Irresistible
We’ve all (well, most of us) had to do it — put on a poufy chartreuse frock, rocked some silver open-toed shoes from Payless, and plastered a smile on our face so that a special lady in our life can enjoy her big day. Being a bridesmaid can be rewarding once you accept that you’ll probably look ridiculous. Even celebrities have to take one for the team sometimes. Click through to see some celebrities doing their duty as bridesmaids.
I can’t wait — like, cannot wait — for “Bridesmaids” to come out. Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Jon Hamm (!!!), and food poisoning jokes? Yes, please. Also, three golden retriever puppies appeal to my inner nine-year-old girl. This “dirty version” of the “Bridesmaids” trailer — NSFW on account of salty language and Jon Hamm getting some reverse cowgirl action — has me feeling excited in my panties, for real. [IndieWire] Keep reading »
- Ex-Hugh Hefner girlfriend/Playboy model Kendra Wilkinson got rated R on “Dancing With The Stars” last night, hopping up on the judge’s table for some booty-shakin’ to “La Vida Loca.” Have fun explaining that to your kids, moms and dads of America! [Celebuzz]
- Gwyneth Paltrow called her “mean” grandmother a see-you-next-Tuesday on “Chelsea Lately.” Whoa. Whoa. [ONTD]
- We are exceedingly proud of our own Mind Of Man, John DeVore, for writing about his alcoholism in this brilliant piece of The Fix. [The Fix]
- Pat Robertson said liberal women like to “abort their babies” so they can be on “a level playing field” with “lesbians.” That’s an actual quote from his show, “The 700 Club,” people. Does that even make sense? What kind of playing field are we talking about here? Is softball on a field? Also, in Pat Robertson’s sperm bank-less universe lesbians cannot have children. Sigh. Old White Men Who Don’t Get It are the gift that keeps on giving. [Gawker]
- A Louisiana state rep has proposed a bill that would criminalize all abortions in the state as “feticide” or murder, including abortions in the case of rape, incest or to save the health or life of the mother. This is grim, people. [Mother Jones]
- Katie Couric officially announced today that she will leave her anchor chair at “CBS Evening News.” Couric was the first-ever woman to anchor a nightly news broadcast solo. [MSNBC]
After graduating from FIT, Dana-Maxx worked for Marc Jacobs and Betsey Johnson before launching her own line in 2007. The dresses are beautiful, but really expensive. “No wonder Dana-Maxx’s dresses cost five hundred dollars – there’s a full house of people working for her,” said show host Joe Zee. Can Joe convince her to streamline her production and up her staying power? Tune in tonight to find out!
I am a creature of habit, including when it comes to clothes. When I find something I like, I buy 10. For example, I wear the same style of flip-flops every summer (J. Crew’s Capri sandals in a variety of colors). And when it comes to the tops I pair with jeans, well, let’s just say I’ve never met a T-back/racerback tank I didn’t like. Maybe it’s because I think my shoulder blades are kind of sexy, but my closet is filled with sleeveless tops that show them off in every color and print imaginable. Here are 10 more I’m coveting. (Oh, and for those of you who are like, “Amelia, I have to wear a bra — won’t my bra straps show with a T-back tank?” allow me to introduce you to my favorite infomercial product of all time — the Strap Perfect. Problem solved. Could not live without it.)