This week’s OMG-worthy hairstyle is the waterfall braid, a style so lovely and unique that I quite literally can’t stop staring at it. It’s a little more advanced than other styles I’ve posted, so hair novices like me might want to enlist a friend to help conquer it, but if you feel comfortable with french braiding I think you could pull it off on your own. Either way, the tutorial is packed with photos to guide you through it. Good luck! [Once Wed]
Tag Archives: hair
When the weather is warm and sticky, the last thing you want to do is wear your hair down. A typical ponytail or topknot gets old fast, so why not take a cue from one of these pretty ponytails? Tossed to the side or roughed up at the crown, your summer look can go from basic to bomb in seconds flat. Draw some inspiration from these 10 celebs …
- Hairstylist Chris McMillan has confessed he was stoned when he gave Jennifer Anistaon her iconic “Rachel” haircut back in 1994. But don’t worry, he’s been sober for 14 years now. [WWD]
- The Kardashians have lost a name dispute over their beauty brand, Khroma, to Kroma Makeup. Their company will henceforth be called Kardashian Beauty. [NYmag.com]
- Shenae Grimes is hitched! The “90210″ star married — in a gorgeous black wedding gown! — model musician Josh Beech today in London. [People]
- A 10-year-old boy may have been forced to lick his desk clean by his teacher after he was caught doodling on his desk. What. The. Fuck. [The Root]
- Ack, they’ve finally cast the character of Augustus Waters in the movie adaption of John Green’s The Fault In Our Stars! Augustus will be played by 19-year-old Ansel Elgort, who also stars in the upcoming “Carrie” remake. He’s cute! Yay! [Entertainment Weekly] Keep reading »
If you, like me, spent a portion of your morning delicately pulling out gray hairs from the crown of your head, you’re going to want to hear about this. Science! Yes, the same science that told us that boobs shouldn’t wear bras and that there’s a neurological reason you can’t get Rihanna’s “Diamonds” out of your head, has figured out why hair goes grey as we age. It’s “massive oxidative stress,” silly. Keep reading »
Welcome to a new style feature, my friends. The title is pretty self-explanatory (OMG! I love your hair!), but basically, since I’m always on the lookout for hair inspiration, I thought it would be fun to give a weekly shoutout to some of the fabulous ‘dos from around the web. First up: this perfectly messy chignon style from Kate over at The Small Things Blog. I love styles that purposefully look a little undone because there’s no pressure to have a shiny, slicked back finished product–if you miss a few pieces or position the bun slightly off center, it just adds to the effect. Check out her video tutorial to get the look for yourself (in about five minutes, natch!).
We don’t know if it’s a case of teen angst or a latent desire to follow in mom’s (former) footsteps, but Madonna‘s 16-year-old daughter Lourdes Leon is a certified badass in the making. The teenager has shirked her famous mother’s strict, borderline puritanical upbringing in favor of cigarettes, piercings, handsome show-biz boyfriends, and now… green hair! Lola was spotted out in her hometown of New York City over the weekend showing off her new verdigris locks, and I have to say, I’m kind of into it. In fact, I had green hair myself when I was 16! So yeah, consider me 100 percent on board with Lourdes’s new look.
- It’s official. Amanda Bynes is full-on Britney-ing: she buzzed off half the hair on her head “like Cassie,” she tweeted. Oh girl, like Cassie a few years ago. [NYmag.com]
- “Breaking Bad”‘s Aaron Paul tweeted that this cat video is the “greatest video that I have ever seen.” [Hypervocal]
- What it’s like to watch that terrible Jennifer Love Hewitt TV show “The Client List” with a real sex worker. [Village Voice]
- One of Mike Tyson’s ex-girlfriends cooked and ate one of his pet pigeons. [Vanity Fair]
- Jennifer Aniston apparently doesn’t want Justin Theroux to sign a prenup before they get married. [Hollywood Life] Keep reading »
Every day, The Frisky staff gets packages in the mail filled with publicity goodies like books, makeup, magazines. But this week there was a game changer in the morning post: WIGS. Someone sent us four wigs from Tabitha Coffey, Daisy Fuentes, and Sherri Shepherd’s wig lines. Naturally we tried all the hairpieces on — sometimes multiple wigs at once — and snapped pics for a very special edition of What Are We Wigging Today?
We think we look very glamorous. Don’t you agree?
Jennifer Lawrence just cut her long locks into a very ’70s-inspired shoulder-length bob. She looks good — she’s Jennifer Lawrence, don’t forget — but shoulder length hair can be hard to pull off.
I should know — I’m in the throes of growing out my pixie cut and practically want to weep in frustration. My hair is really thick and has a tendency to do a little upturned flip when it hits my shoulders, which gives my hair an unwanted wacky edge.
In any case, take a look at these nine stellar celeb haircuts, which all work to varying degrees. And vote for your favorite in our poll after the jump… Keep reading »
Michelle Williams or Kate Gosselin? Kate Gosselin or Michelle Williams? Either way, she’s making a great case against getting a pixie cut if you ever intend on growing it out. This looks painful. [Photo: WENN]