Your hair is like a tree — it should change color when autumn rolls around. I love fall hair colors because they’re darker, deeper, and more dimensional than summer hues, plus they’re often described with dessert-related words (chocolate, honey, caramel, butterscotch, etc.), which delights me to no end. If you’re yearning to update your tresses this fall (and aren’t we all?), look no further than these 10 celebs’ envy-worthy locks in every shade from icy blonde to jet black. Better yet, have your stylist flip through this slideshow and decide which shade would look best on you. Here’s to the season of gorgeous hair!
Tag Archives: hair
Here’s a GIF of the actress trying on Google Glass, but more importantly, we get to see her new haircut — which I suspected could be a wig from someone’s Kate Gosselin Halloween costume — from all angles. It looks better than I previously thought, if still a bit reverse-mullet-y. This concludes my Jennifer Lawrence Cut Her Hair Update.
So many beauties have taken their natural hair journey and embraced it for what it is–hard, frustrating, rewarding, and empowering. What I find most interesting about the natural hair revolution is that it’s brought so many women together to take it one step further an adopt a healthier lifestyle. The process of cutting your hair and finding the right products for your hair type is difficult, and will teach you a lesson in patience. But along the way, Tashia fell in love with a few products that, to this day, she cannot live without. Check ‘em out on Hello Beautiful…
- It takes a hairdresser to make hair look that bad.
- Guy Fieri is the sort of dude to sit inside an SUV and kick a person during a fight.
- He is a “dickhead” and “a fucking asshole,” according to Ariel Ramirez, who screams and cries during the altercation, which was caught on video and posted on TMZ. (But we already knew that Guy Fieri is gross to work with, didn’t we?)
- His rep brushed the whole thing off as “a bunch of guys … messing around” and “things got a little out of hand.”
- Paparazzi are literally lurking evvvvvvvverywhere.
Sock buns are such a fun and easy hairstyle, and I loooove the idea of adding a few mini braids to the equation. I found a video tutorial for a style very similar to this one, and I swear it doesn’t even look that hard. Totally trying this tomorrow night. Want to join me? Hair twinsies?! [Pinterest]
- Check out these photos by artist Endia Beal, who got white women to get so-called “Black hairstyles” and then pose for portraits in a series called “Can I Touch It?” Beal, who is Black, said she wanted to challenge the notion of what baby boomers consider to be a professional appearance in the workplace. [Colorlines, Slate]
- House Republicans. Government shutdown bullshit. Birth control. I just can’t with these people anymore. [RH Reality Check]
- There are actually Malala Yousafzai conspiracy theories, like she’s a plant for the CIA. Yup. Uh huh. [Atlantic Wire]
- Did a sexual assault occur in public during Ohio University’s homecoming last weekend while everyone took pictures? [imagery NSFW] [BuzzFeed] Keep reading »
I am obsessed with this cut and color. Possibly to an unhealthy degree. Doesn’t it look like she got hit by a bolt of neon hair dye lightning that gave her not only awesome hair but also superpowers, “Secret World of Alex Mack”-style? But even if the superhero part isn’t true, it’s still a badass hairstyle all on its own. [Goldwell US]
In this brief-but-totally-endearing interview, Goddess/actress/hair role model Connie Britton finally revealed the secret behind her legendary locks (in addition to the fact that she has constant access to a professional hairstylist, which is not really a secret). Here’s a hint: it involves NOT doing something that most people do to their hair way too often. Click play to find out! [Huffington Post]
Halloween is inching closer each day (funny how that works!), so it’s about panic time for those of us who don’t have costumes already in mind. If you’re more beauty-minded, why not work backwards and gather some inspiration from one of these easy step-by-step hair tutorials, which we’ve paired perfectly with a handful of costumes to go with ‘em? Even if you’re uncomfortable with a curling iron, or can’t French braid to save your life, there’s bound to be something for you in one of these five looks …
See those ladies up there? That’s Haim (rhymes with lime), America’s favorite Jewish sister indie-rock group. See all that hair? It is the stuff of modern legend. It’s the kind of hair that makes me ponder extensions and cast quiet incantations willing my follicles to grow a foot of bouncy, swingy, perfectly ombred hair over night. Thank god for The New York Times Style section, and their brief but extremely informative article on the maintenance of these shiny-haired goddesses. Quoth their stylist Candice Birns: “Those girls are my little Shaggy McShaggersteins.” Truer words were never spoke. Read the article, absorb every word, and listen to this bonus track off their debut Days Are Gone, after the jump. Keep reading »