Today’s New York Times Style Section article “Shorts Crack the Code” says it’s okay and increasingly common for men to wear shorts to work. We don’t support this fad because:
- Forests of leg hair.
- Dangling bits.
- The existence of air conditioning.
- Shorts + loafers = douche.
- Even Chuck Bass can’t pull them off.
Keep reading »
I am sure I am not the first white girl to say this, but A Tribe Called Quest was the first group that really got me into hip-hop music. It is one of the biggest regrets of my life that I never got to see them live before the broke up, though they have done a couple mini-reunions since, which of course I have missed, hence the deep, shameful regret. Anyway, lead MC Q-Tip did come out with a solo album in 1999, but since he’s been laying low working on a much, much, much delayed follow-up. And finally it’s coming! The Renaissance will be released in September and from the tracks I heard, um, three years ago (like I said, it’s been delayed), the album is going to be a-mazing. And maybe Q-Tip will go on a solo tour, alleviating at least a little bit of my Tribe-regret. Keep reading »
Dear Justin Timberlake,
I love you. You know that. I’ve been to three of your live shows and screamed like a tween who just got her period. But seriously. Do not take credit for that hateful trucker hat trend a few years ago. Let Ashton take the blame. You’re better than that.
Love, Amelia Keep reading »
Some of you may remember James Franco from his breakthrough role on Freaks and Geeks, but I didn’t watch that show. Instead, I first noticed his brooding eyes and killer smile in Spider-Man, in which he played Harry Osborn. This summer he’s ditching his super villain persona to play a stoner in Pineapple Express, which comes out August 6. Even with long, greasy Bill & Ted hair he’s still hot, and I’d definitely spark a doobie with him, you know, if it was legal. Keep reading »
[Reese Witherspoon, her ex Ryan Phillippe, and Ryan's girlfriend Abbie Cornish]
Thinking about Friday’s slideshow of celebrities and their “types”, I got to thinking about the guys on my IM and whether they stuck with the same type of gal, either in relationships or casual hookups. Previous to the man-friend, I sort of went for emotional musician/writer types — and still occasionally get a little fire in my belly for guys like them (sorry honey!) — but discovered that true love comes when you open your mind to someone outside your usual desires (and other such Hallmark sentiments). Additionally, I was curious what types of women the average guy would cheat with — someone similar to his girlfriend, or her complete opposite in personality and looks? Their responses, after the jump… Keep reading »
Yesterday Carlos Sastre claimed the maillot jaune, winning this year’s Tour de France. Finally! The man has finished in the top 10 in five of the last six years. [NY Times] Keep reading »
Monday is so grumpy and slumpy, we all could use a pick me up that doesn’t involve sinking our life savings in espresso shots. So every Monday we’re going to introduce you to a sexy threesome to brighten up your day — it’s The Monday Menage! First up is “Radio Ladio”, a video from Metronomy, featuring three (it’s the magic number!) colorful cardiganed cuties. Oh baby! These boys dance, they make romance, and they tickle the ivories — we’ve never wanted to be a keyboard more in our lives.
Keep reading »
Now that I am so used to him playing horny rabble-rousing a-hole Hank Moody on Californication, it’s easy to forget that there was once another role that David Duchovny was known for — Fox Mulder, from hit series The X-Files (the new film comes out this weekend). I have to admit, I wasn’t the hugest X-Files fan, despite being a total sci-fi nerd. I think it was too serious for me, and I like my aliens campy. But regardless, Mulder was hot. So hot, legions of horny men and women spent their free time writing Mulder/Scully erotic “fan fiction” (a truly nerdy hobby that I may or may not have engaged in myself) and posting it on the internet. Like this one! Keep reading »
Having been around the block….over and over again, we thought we had heard it all when it came to male sexual fantasies. So, when Men’s Health Magazine posted an article with the title “8 Monumental Sex Experiences You Must Have”, we figured at least one was anal. But much to our surprise, the choices were actually kind of, well, sweet. Number One is “wedding night sex”. Really? Aww. The top choices go on to include ways to at least recreate similar situations to the “first time”, “Honey-I’m-Home”, “breakup”, “birthday”, and “baby-making” sex. Needless to say, we learned a few things from the list. After the jump, a couple tips men suggest that will wow you…
Keep reading »
1. Christian Bale Why He Made The List: Yeah, so there’s that pesky assault charge that’s turning out to be a little overblown. The Dark Knight star is having a bit of a bad week — until now. In our opinion (okay, mine — Catherine still prefers Val Kilmer), Bale is the best Batman, but let’s face it, aren’t you all just still crushing on him from his appearances in Empire of the Sun, Newsies, and American Psycho?
2. Ryan Gosling Why He Made The List: He can do a mean Southern accent (Fracture), play a drug addict with the best of them (Half Nelson), and — oh, &*%$ it. The Notebook, okay? The Notebook.
3. James McAvoy Why He Made The List: Um, that Scottish accent? Which he has the ability to hide flawlessly at the drop of a hat? Those boyish good looks? A little movie called Atonement. Yeah.
4. Josh Peck Why He Made The List: Like his Wackness costar Olivia Thirlby, this may just be the former teen star’s breakout year. He was the chubby kid on some kids show we of course never watched — now he’s all grown up and doing sexy shower scenes. Sweet! Keep reading »