Parents have long taken inspiration for their child’s name from pop culture. For the last few years, “Twilight”-inspired names like Bella/Isabella and Edward have been huge, as have names borrowed from famous tots like Mason (Kourtney Kardashian’s son). But the names on the rise this year are mostly inspired by characters on the small screen, specifically grim and violent dramas like “Game of Thrones,” “Breaking Bad” and “Homeland.” Keep reading »
“Game Of Thrones,” “Breaking Bad” & “Homeland”-Inspired Baby Names Are On The Rise — But Where’s Saul?!
The seemingly innocuous topic of Jay Z’s limited edition holiday collection in collaboration with Barneys turned rife with controversy in the past few weeks after the upscale NYC department store was accused of two separate racial profiling incidents in the last month alone. Everyone from Jon Stewart to Andre Leon Talley criticized the hip-hop mogul’s decision to go forth with the high-profile partnership, even after he announced that 100 percent of the proceeds from the collection would go to his Shawn Carter Scholarship Foundation for low-income students. Keep reading »
She-Beast Zooey Deschanel Is A ‘Mean Girl’ Because She Acts Like A Boss And Makes Rules As “New Girl” Producer
The producer of a hit TV show makes rules that other people have to follow so filming doesn’t run behind. Running behind irritates this person. Time, after all, is money.
That sounds like professionalism to me.
But what if I told you that producer is a woman and she also is the star of the show? Then would you think that Zooey Deschanel is a diva? Because the gossip rag RadarOnline called her a “nasty boss.” Keep reading »
So John Mayer and Katy are all in lovvvvve, so in lovvvvve that they recorded a duet together called “Who You Love.” Love love love! LOVE. So much love. Anyway, the duo went for a kind of moody, sixties, Bob Dylan and Joan Baez vibe with the black and white cover photo, part of a larger shoot that you can see after the jump. My favorite photo is the one where John’s denim shirt (natch) has amputated Katy’s hand. Also, they look like siblings which makes me sort of uncomfy. [Vanity Fair] Keep reading »
This weekend the world was gifted with a long confessional in New York magazine from Joe Jonas. The 24-year-old formerly in the Jonas Brothers — they split up this fall over creative differences — dished about everything from smoking pot for the first time with Miley Cyrus and Demi Lovato, hooking up with fans, and how coming back to a hotel room to find a groupie waiting there is actually really annoying. Mostly, though, Joe Jonas talked about he and his brothers’ rise to fame and how they felt completely beholden to Disney, because the mega-company made everything happen for them. Disney controlled their lyrics — “If a lyric was slightly sexual, someone at the record company would tell us we had to change it” — and pressured them to never mess up or else they’d disappoint their parents, fans and bosses. ”We were frightened little kids,” Joe said.
Well, Dylan Sprouse, a fellow Disney child star, has a few things to say about that. Keep reading »
- That Kardashian Khristmas Kard by David LaChapelle cost $250,000 to shoot and took three whole days to put the set together. And of course, the production company for “Keeping Up With The Kardashians” paid for it. [Celebitchy]
- Police say that the car Paul Walker was riding in when he died was not racing another car. [Rolling Stone]
- Rita Ora joined the cast of “Fifty Shades Of Grey” as Mia, Christian Grey’s adopted sister. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Remember this weekend when the whole world was offended because “Bachelor” producer Elan Gale claimed to have told a woman named Diane on his flight to go eat a dick? He’s now revealed the hoax thing was fake. Stupid, stupid, stupid. [US Weekly]
- 28 things learned while working for Lululemon. [Thought Catalog] Keep reading »
- Victoria’s Secret model Jessica Hart is supposedly getting dumped by the brand after she publicly dissed Taylor Swift, who performed at this year’s VS Fashion Show. Hart told a reporter Swift “didn’t fit” at the occasion. Sources tell Page Six that Hart will no longer appear in VS catalogs or walk in future fashion shows. Yikes! Hart also said the invented the top knot, so clearly this woman needs some media training. [Page Six]
- Check out the list of Barbara Walters’ most fascinating people of 2013. I bet Kim and Kanye are PISSED that Prince George is fascinating and North West is not. [Just Jared] Keep reading »
OK, in reality, a fan handed Celine Dion a ukulele to autograph outside a Paris hotel, and although I can’t be sure what she’s singing in this photo, a girl can dream about an acoustic ukulele power ballad, can’t she? [Photo: Splash News]
In a matter of hours Meadow Rain Walker’s heartfelt message to fans regarding the death of her father Paul Walker has gone viral. Four hours ago Meadow Walker supposedly wrote, “When I was little he taught me to walk, taught me to smile, and taught me to never give up. I loved him even before I knew what love was. He was my hero. My REAL life hero! He will always be in my heart! It brings tears in my eyes as I write this. You’re gone, but not forgotten! R.I.P Dad!” Read more on Celeb Dirty Laundry…