Zergnet: Simply Irresistible
Category Archives: Celebs
- It’s a good day to be Chris Brown: 95 of the 117 parking tickets the pop star has accrued have been dismissed. Brown has been fined $15,000 in fees, apparently for parking in handicapped spaces in the parking lot of his building in Los Angeles. However, the parking spaces were assigned to his apartment, so he was not officially breaking any rules. The other 22 parking tickets, though, he’s still in trouble.
- Amy Sedaris delights in getting mistaken for Amy Poehler, so she can tell people she and Will Arnett are getting a divorce. Love her. [NYmag.com]
- What have been the dumbest celebrity quotes about 9/11? [Dumb As A Blog]
- What the hell is a “breakup bunker”? [The Hairpin]
“She’s entitled to like any flower she wants and she didn’t want to hurt the feeling of the hydrangeas of the world. No disrespect to the hydrangeas lovers of the world but she prefers different types of flowers … It’s not like she said she hated warm chocolate chip cookies and milk and little puppies!”
—Madonna‘s publicist, Liz Rosenberg, defends the Material Girl in the Hydrangea Incident of 2011. Earlier this week, after a fan gifted her with a bouquet of hydrangeas, Madonna cooed, “I loaaaaaaathe hydrangeas.” Rosenberg says this is her prerogative. Though wait, does Madonna really hate puppies? Kidding. [Celebitchy] Keep reading »
Mos Def says that he is most definitely done with his name. While performing with Talib Kweli this weekend, he revealed that he giving up his moniker and changing it to Yasiin. “I’m retiring the Mos Def name after 2011. I’m actually doing it,” he said. “Mos Def is a name that I built and cultivated over the years, it’s a name that the streets taught me, a figure of speech that was given to me by the culture and by my environment, and I feel I’ve done quite a bit with that name and it’s time to expand and move on.” [Huffington Post]
With this, Mos Def joins an elite cadre of celebrities who changed their name mid-career. After the jump, a run-down.
- Brittany and Erica Taltos, “Jersey Shore”‘s blonde “Twinning” twins, have announced on their Facebook fan page that they’re on the hunt for their own reality show. Wait, you mean these girls went back to the Florence apartment and hooked up with The Situation, Vinny and Deena because they want to be on TV? You don’t say! [ONTD]
- Keira Knightley and Jude Law are teaming up for “Anna Karenina.” [NYmag.com]
- Check out this essay from a public school teacher who lost her job when she was discovered to have been a former Craigslist prostitute. [xoJane]
- What are the love stories behind Elizabeth Taylor’s jewels? [TresSugar]
“I like being in the city. I like the diversity that my children are exposed to every day. I love the way their brains work. [My son] Joe turns to me the other day and says ‘One day I will have a girlfriend or a boyfriend, darling. Which would you prefer?’ And I said ‘My love, that would be entirely up to you, and it doesn’t make any difference to me.’ But that he knows! It’s a real privilege. Talk about the best education.”