Zergnet: Simply Irresistible
Category Archives: Celebs
- Rooney Mara got her right nipple and her eyebrow pierced to play Lisbeth Salander in “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.” She’s kept the nipple piercing in after filming because there is a possibility of two sequels and she doesn’t want to get it done again. “Because of all the tattoos and the makeup and the piercings, and the physical transformations my body has to go through, it would always feel sort of like I was in costume, even if I was naked,” Mara said. “It just felt like a good one to get — a necessary one to get.” [Allure]
- Kanye West is trying to get into Kim Kardashian’s pants. I actually think this would be a good match! [New York Daily News]
- Lord help us, there’s a “Twilight” fragrance. [NYMag.com]
- This chick unearthed her notebook from her college’s “Intro to Feminism” class in 1997. Hilarity ensued. [The Hairpin] Keep reading »
- Say what you will about Miley Cyrus, but she’s pretty dedicated to promoting a realistic body image for young women and girls. Her latest battle? Denying she’s had a boob job. “Thank you for a compliment, but these babies are all mine!” Miley tweeted. “I wish [people would] realized you don’t have to be fake to be beautiful.” And in case someone still didn’t get it, Miley tweeted, “I’m 19! BOOBS GROW, PEOPLE!” [Us Weekly]
- Elizabeth Taylor’s jewelry sold at auction last night for a record-busting $115 million. [The Stir]
- Holiday gifts to bring when you’re meeting his family. [TresSugar]
- Kate Middleton’s Christmas at the palace is going to be horrible because she won’t be able to lie around in her pajamas all morning. I’m not being sarcastic here. That really does sound horrible. Poor dear. [Us Weekly]
Last night in New York City, The Cinema Society and Giorgio Armani hosted a screening of “Albert Nobbs,” a new film about a woman passing as a man in 19th century Ireland. The titular character is played by Glenn Close, whose “Damages” co-star Rose Byrne came out to show her support. I’ve been a fan of Rose since her small role in “Troy,” and I even liked her passive-aggressive turn in “Bridesmaids,” but that may have just been because her hair looked so damn nice! Rose is certainly abnormally beautiful, but I still have to hand it to her for being consistently well-dressed. She never looks over-styled or uncomfortable in what she’s wearing. Most of the time, she makes her public appearances in clothes that look like they actually came from her own closet. I feel like this chic outfit in particular is just begging to be recreated. Steal this look for less, after the jump! Keep reading »
Remember Lindsay Lohan’s plans to debut her Playboy issue on Ellen? Well, there will be no such interview. Following her very eventful Hawaiian vacation, Lindsay failed to hop her early flight back to L.A. yesterday for the taping. So much for that.
The consolation prize, for those that were hyped to hear what Lindsay had to say? Paris Jackson, daughter of Michael, appeared on Ellen in Lohan’s place. The episode, which airs on Thursday, will mark the 13-year-old’s first ever solo interview. Judging by the video preview, which you can watch on Radar Online, Paris seems surprisingly normal and well-adjusted despite her upbringing and the controversy surrounding her father. I, for one, am glad Lindsay bailed — this interview with Paris is bound to be more interesting, and what could Lindsay possibly have to say that we haven’t heard from her before? Trainwrecks are tedious when they only play one note.
A little birdie (that would be me) attended the New York City premiere of “The Iron Lady” last night and boy, were there a lot of celebs! Somehow I managed to stand three feet away from Meryl Streep without screetching “EEEE! I LOVE YOU!” and subsequently getting arrested. Somehow I doubt Amelia could exercise similar restraint were she in the presence of The Gos.
Perhaps due to the serious nature of the film — a biopic of Margaret Thatcher, former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom — the ladies in attendance opted for a sober little black dress look. Some were hits, some were misses. And Coco Rocha, bless her heart, accidentally got lost on the way to the Oscars red carpet.
Check out all the looks — the good, the bad, and the straight-up WTF — above!