Zergnet: Simply Irresistible
Category Archives: Celebs
- As if we’re not already jealous enough, Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes toured Paris this weekend together. That sound you hear is Amelia seething. [People, Celebuzz]
- Lily Allen gave birth on Friday to a baby girl. Mazel tov, Lily! [NYMag.com]
- Courtney Stodden dropped off some minskirts and six-inch heels for the disadvantaged at donation center this weekend. If you find a tube top smeared with frosted lipstick at a local Goodwill, you win a prize! [ONTD]
- Rihanna had a “meltdown” hours before a concert in Dublin because she’s exhausted out from her 10-month-long, 101-date tour. So RiRi called up Beyoncé for a pep talk, who reportedly told her to finish up the tour and then take a year off. Poor thing. Definitely a break, girl! [MTV UK] Keep reading »
“I wore really nerdy glasses because I was blind as could be and the boys didn’t like [me]. I didn’t have any boyfriends, but lots of crushes. … I wasn’t in the popular crowd. There was a really popular girl at school and I was obsessed with her. I mean you would go to jail for that stuff today. I was in tears one day because I couldn’t sit next to her.”
– Charlize Theron, star of the upcoming Diablo Cody film, “Young Adult,” proves that the dorks in junior high grow up to be superstars as adults. Further proof: me! [Hair toss.] [People]
She’s just being Miley, y’all. A super chill, relaxed, munchie-having Miley, that’s all. At her recent birthday party, hosted by Kelly Osbourne of all people, Miley was caught on tape announcing that she’s a “huge stoner” and “smokes a lot of f**kin’ weed,” after a Bob Marley birthday cake was unveiled. Cue the outraged parents declaring Miley an unsuitable role model for their children! Personally, I am not very moved. Don’t most teens/early-twentysomethings, have a stoner period at some point? I did. I turned out alright didn’t I? Not that I’m encouraging the use and abuse of illegal drugs, of course, but something tells me that Miley isn’t actually the “huge” stoner she claims to be. If you feel the need to talk about it, you’re probably not. [Buzzfeed]
Don’t you just love it when celebs stop by “Sesame Street” to teach the kiddos a new word? Emma Stone is the latest star on the block and she’s teaching them “balance.” Or trying to, anyway.
Sunday afternoon PSA! If you haven’t yet seen the movie “Martha Marcy May Marlene,” YOU MUST. It is one of the best films I’ve seen all year. It stars the absolutely divine Elizabeth Olsen as Martha, a young woman who escapes a cult and goes to live with her sister and her brother-in-law. The movie shows Martha as she tries to assimilate back into “normal” life alongside flashbacks that reveal how she was indoctrinated into the cult, came to be known as “Marcy May,” and the horrors she endured under their control. (John Hawkes, who was in “Winter’s Bone,” is seriously creepy great as the cult leader, Patrick.) The film’s ending is one that has either been loved or hated by viewers and critics, but one thing everyone who’s seen the movie agrees on is that Olsen is superb.
So, after you’ve bought your tickets to see the movie on Fandango and have a couple hours to kill before you head to the theater, click through this slideshow to see 10 examples of this breakout star also killing it in the style department.