Zergnet: Simply Irresistible
Category Archives: Celebs
- Figure skater Johnny Weir married his boyfriend, Victor Voronov, in a civil ceremony in New York City on December 30, surrounded by family. In a characteristically Johnny-esque statement, he said he was thrilled to be “introducing my world of glitter and Faberge eggs to Victor.” We love you, Johnny Weir. Congratulations! [People]
- Minka Kelly and Derek Jeter are back together and smooching in Paris. The pair split in August, after which Derek made headlines for hooking up with women and sending them home with autographed baseballs. [NY Post]
- LeBron James proposed to his longtime girlfriend, Savannah Brinson, on New Year’s Eve. Mazel tov! [People]
- Aretha Franklin is engaged to her “forever friend” Willie Wilkerson. This calls for a silly hat! [People] Keep reading »
Happy New Year, Frisky readers! Did you have a fabulous holiday weekend? Smooch anyone special (or not special) on New Year’s Eve? Have you made your 2012 resolutions? My first resolution is to make resolutions I actually have a chance of keeping. I’ll get back to you on that. Until then, here are 14 celebs who’ve made big promises for 2012… (And check out celeb resolutions for 2011 after the jump — did they keep their word?) Keep reading »
Last week, we posted a video of Zooey Deschanel & Joseph Gordon Levitt singing a New Year’s Eve song. Zooey posted the video and explained her 12 year relationship with JGL..
“I have known Joe Gordon-Levitt for going on 12 years. We first met in the summer of 2000 while doing a tiny movie called Manic, where we bonded over a mutual appreciation for Harry Nilsson and Nina Simone and I have been lucky enough to call him one of my dearest friends ever since.”
theBERRY is in agreement with me that — if JGL isn’t going to date our lovely Julie — Zooey and JGL should just date already. Click on over to see 25 photos of the twosome looking stupidly adorable together. Read more…
“[Bob Geldof] and Sting had gone to do an interview with a rock journalist, and the interview turned into a drinking session. At one point, the journalist asked how long they could go for, and Geldof said that he was a three-minute man, but, as Sting did yoga, he could probably go for hours …’Well, haven’t you heard of tantric sex?’ [Sting replied] … At the time I thought it was very amusing but then it sort of became a cause celebrate … The tantric hours got extended and, suddenly, I was doing it all day long. Well, if only! … Sting said that 21 years ago. He has just turned 60, and I imagine it will carry on going until he drops.”
– Trudie Styler on how Sting got to be known as the poster boy for tantric sex. I guess she finally wanted to put to bed (no pun intended) rumors that her and Sting do it 24-hours a day. I don’t care what she says. I still want to believe it. [Spinner]
It’s hard to imagine “Precious” without then-unknown Gabourey Sidibe. But Jennifer Hudson was riding high after “Dreamgirls” and said she turned down the role because she didn’t want to gain weight. “I had [gained weight] with Effie and as much as I was moved by this film, I wanted to try a role that had nothing whatsoever to do with my weight,” Jennifer explained, ever the Weight Watchers spokeswoman. [Perez Hilton]
I’m intrigued by the idea of someone else playing such a now-iconic character. This got me thinking … are there other stars who just missed being cast in big roles? The answer is a resounding YES. Keep clicking for 23 more intriguing examples.