Katherine Heigl, who you may remember bad-mouthed her employers on “Letterman” earlier this summer when she complained about doing 17-hour work days on the set of “Grey’s Anatomy,” will be taking a five-episode hiatus from the show this season. Might the hiatus be related to her late-night comment? Well, higher-ups certainly weren’t happy with her behavior. During the Television Critics Association summer press tour, ABC President Stephen McPherson said this about Heigl’s comments: “I think it’s unfortunate. It’s not something I think you want to let consume you or your people because it is what it is. People are going to behave in the way they choose to behave.” Heigl also made waves last year when she withdrew her name from Emmy consideration because she didn’t feel the material she worked with deserved an award. So is this sudden five-episode hiatus a way for the show’s creators to transition Heigl off without making a big to-do? Keep reading »
- A “friend” of Halle Berry is blabbing about how Halle used in-vitro fertilization to conceive Nahla and used artificial insemination to conceive her rumored second baby. [Dlisted] — Does this mean Gabriel Aubry didn’t want another child?
- LeAnn Rimes has finally announced she’s divorcing her husband. [PopEater] — Not surprised? Neither was I.
- David Boreanaz and his wife, actress Jaime Bergman, welcomed a baby girl named Bardot Vita Boreanaz recently. [Star Pulse] — I’m not sure how I feel about that name. What do you think?
We love Rachel Zoe with all of our heart, but we can’t deny that she’s a little absurd, especially the way she speaks. Funny or Die takes on our favorite stylist in this video of “Rachel Zoe Outtakes.” If Taylor and Brad ever do start getting along, Rachel’s going to have half as much to talk about. [Funny or Die] Keep reading »
- The Ninth Circuit has ruled that Paris Hilton can sue Hallmark for allegedly misappropriating her image and her former catchphrase, “That’s hot!” [Law Blog] — Didn’t Hallmark know that the world was a cold, dank place until Paris let us know what was hot?
- Heidi Klum‘s coffee table book, Rankin’s Heidilicious, is full of steamy photos of Heidi shot over seven years by Rankin and is due out this October. [FoxNews.com] — I really love coffee table books because I don’t have to be embarrassed about only looking at the photos.
- Hollywood A-listers like Scarlett Johansson, Denzel Washington, and Jim Carrey have had to take pay cuts as a result of poor box office sales. [Impact Lab] — Their kind of pay cut is nothing like the average person’s, so I can’t have too much sympathy.
Who’s that towhead? Why, it’s Jessica Alba! She’s lightened her locks for her role in “Valentine’s Day,” which she’s currently shooting with the Kutch. [Los Angeles, 9/1/09] Keep reading »