Zergnet: Simply Irresistible
Category Archives: Celebs
Kate Middleton visited London’s Olympic Park today to play hockey with the national teams. In the process, she showed off a pair of super trendy red jeans — and some impressive lunging skills. Also her hair was looking perfectly wavy and frizz-free despite the physical exertion, but that was to be expected. (Oh, and it turns out the Duchess played field hockey in high school — no wonder she looks so adept!)
Who knows why Jennifer Lopez needs a stunt double. Perhaps sometimes it’s really hard to walk around in her Louboutins. Maybe being “Jenny from the Block” is especially death-defying these days. We may never find out and I don’t really care. What I do care about: J. Lo’s stunt double is a man, baby! Check out that weave! He does not look pleased. [Buzzfeed]
- Jon Hamm is backpedaling from his comments last week about Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian in which he remarked “being a f**king idiot is a valuable commodity in this culture because you’re rewarded significantly.” Kimmy fired back over Twitter, calling him “careless,” and now Jon, somewhat naively told E! that “It’s surprising to me that it has become remotely a story.” (Really?) He continued, “I don’t know Ms. Kardashian, I know her public persona. What I said was meant to be more on pervasiveness of something in our culture, not personal, but she took offense to it and that is her right.” [PopBytes]
- Fiona Apple performed some new songs at SXSW, there’s video, and you know you want to watch. [Stereogum]
- Gillian Anderson says she was offered the role of Lady Cora Crawley on “Downton Abbey,” but turned it down. Interesting. I can’t imagine anyone but Elizabeth McGovern in that role. [Huffington Post]
- Find out what Jermaine Jones, the “American Idol” contestant booted off after it was discovered he’d hidden a criminal record, is wanted for. [Stupid Celebrities]
- Ten great reasons for doing it in the great outdoors. I would personally advise you against doing it on the beach … ow. [Em & Lo] Keep reading »
Geez ladies, by now we should all know that referring to anything other than rape as “rape” is just a bad idea. It trivializes what rape actually is and manages to make you look like a complete buffoon. And that’s exactly what Courtney Love did when she claimed the Muppets — the friggin’ Muppets! — “raped” the memory of Kurt Cobain by using Nirvana’s song “Smells Like Teen Spirit” in their movie.
Well, it’s a little more complicated than that. According to TMZ, half of Courtney Love’s rights to Cobain’s music was sold to a company called Primary Wave Music, which gave the Muppets movie permission to use the song. Also, the two surviving members of Nirvana, Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic, gave their permission as well. And Dave Grohol is in the movie. This sounds like another case of What The Hell Are You Talking About, Courtney Love? [TMZ]
Courtney Love is only the latest in a long and tacky line of celebs who’ve used the word “rape” insensitively. Click through our gallery of shame!
I can always count on Karl Lagerfeld to reassert just how much different his life is from the lives of us mere plebes. Rumors swirled this week after he suggested via Twitter that “we would see him like we’d never seen him before,” and yesterday morning WWD came out with the details: the April issue of Elle France, which debuts tomorrow, features an 8-page editorial depicting the famed couturier in various … pedestrian circumstances. It does so with Lagerfeld’s trademark condescension, a wink that says, “Of course I would never actually do this.” The joke’s on us, then, because this glimpse of a different Karl comes on the heels of the recent launch of his new line, an eponymous lower-priced venture. I guess he’s trying to work on his mass appeal. [Fashionista]