We’re loving the continuous line of Reese Witherspoon‘s gray tights (click to find a pair of your own) and shoes. She bucked the black tights trend while promoting her new Avon fragrance, “In Bloom,” on “Good Morning America.” [NYC, 10/28/09] Keep reading »
Another day, another celebrity confesses to once being a meth head. Earlier this week, it was Jodie Sweetin of “Full House” who came clean about her drug use. Now tennis legend Andre Agassi is confessing that, back in the late ’90s, he used meth, too. In his autobiography (out Nov. 9), Agassi explains that he was stressed over not playing well and his rocky relationship with Brooke Shields. He was sitting on the couch with his assistant, who asked Andre if he wanted to get high.
Michelle Obama is doing her part to save the struggling magazine industry by appearing on the cover of Glamour for its December Women of the Year issue. Editor in chief Cindi Leive writes on Glamour‘s website that the magazine is honoring the first lady’s “commitment to mentoring young women.” On the inside pages, Michelle is pictured with seven interns from the East Wing, and she gives women advice for reaching our goals:
“I was blessed throughout my entire career. I had people rooting for me. It started with my parents, but it extended to almost every teacher that I had. When I was a young lawyer, there were other women and men in the firm who took me under their wing. Look for those mentors, because sometimes mentors don’t find you — sometimes you seek them out. Oftentimes, they’re flattered and glad to lend a hand.”
“I’ve always laughed at actresses who complain about having to do sexy roles when they’re starting out. Who are they kidding? That’s the key to getting attention and moving on to better things. … I grew up with this rebellious streak of not wanting to conform. I was sent to this strict Christian school that I hated and we were all told that the theory of evolution was wrong and sex was wrong. It was a nightmare. … Women are supposed to project their sexuality yet there’s this strange stigma when it comes to talking about sex. I’m not afraid to say how much I enjoy sex. I’m not shy.”
- Here’s a crazy rumor for ya: Kandi Burruss is reportedly pregnant with A.J. Jewell’s baby, according to an unnamed celebrity source. [Media Takeout] — If this is true, then great. But if it’s not, then it’s a cruel way of rubbing salt into her wounds.
- Lisa Niemi, Patrick Swayze‘s widow, spoke at a women’s conference about his death, revealing that the grief could be felt “on a cellular level.” [PopEater] — So sad. I can’t believe he died only six weeks ago.
- The rumored romance between Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart has reportedly cooled because he’s getting too serious, too quickly for her. [OK! Magazine] — This sounds like more “New Moon” publicity.
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are selling their new clothing line for JC Penney, olsenboye, out of an ice cream truck parked in Union Square on a rainy, cold October morning. I don’t get it, but what the hell do I know? [New York City, 10/28/09] Keep reading »
In a new tell-all biography of Angelina Jolie, author Andrew Morton says that as a 16-year-old, Angelina bedded her mother’s boyfriend. According to the book, Jolie’s mother, Marcheline Bertrand, ended her relationship with the man when she found out, but the U.K.’s NOW magazine says that she and Angelina “struggled for years to repair their damaged relationship.” Does this remind anyone else of the late-’90s “General Hospital” storyline involving Carly Roberts and her estranged mother Bobbie Spencer? Anyway, Bertrand died a few years ago and Jolie has always made it seem like the two were extremely close, even naming her youngest daughter Vivienne Marcheline. According to the tabloid, Jolie’s brother, James, just found out about the decades-old affair and is, like, super pissed at his big sis. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that if this story is true and Jolie did bone her mom’s boyfriend — when she was underage, by the way — I think it’s likely her mom forgave her pretty quickly, given the far deeper issues Jolie has admitted to struggling with as a teen. [ONTD] Keep reading »
- Sasha and Malia Obama received their shots against H1N1, after vaccination questions flooded the White House. [New York Times]
- The LAPD is concerned about paparazzi after a series of break-ins at stars’ homes. [Los Angeles Times]
- It’s been a bad week for the Church of Scientology. Director Paul Haggis broke ties over Scientology’s stance on gay rights The Wrap, while a French court convicted the group of fraud. [Yahoo] — What would Xenu do?