- Elisabeth Moss, Peggy Olson on “Mad Men,” married Fred Armisen on Sunday, Oct. 25. [Jezebel] — They look like a cool, quirky couple.
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom got each other’s initials tattooed on their hands. [Us Weekly] — This must mean they plan on staying together for a while. Then again, most tattoos are removable.
- Bradley Cooper is reportedly bringing Renee Zellweger home to Philadelphia for the holidays to meet the Cooper family. [OK! Magazine] — Hopefully, she’ll leave her sour face at home.
“I’ve done enough years on TV that I feel like it’s a normal, comfortable, natural place to be. I’d love to be in a movie at some point, I’d love to be the voice of a cartoon character in a movie for my kids. I think that would be fun.”
— Kate Gosselin answered “any and all reasonable questions” on last night’s episode of “Jon & Kate Plus 8.” When a viewer asked if she wanted to ever marry again, Kate replied:
“To be honest, I don’t know. I really don’t want to be married again, but I don’t want to be alone. The alone-ness is really alone.”
In NYMag.com’s latest monthly roundup of the fashion glossies, “The Best and Worst of October Magazines,” they’ve deemed this In Style photograph of Christina Aguilera in her closet as one of the best. Look, I’m all for ostentatious displays of wealth — I only wish I had more wealth to display ostentatiously — but this photograph is obscene and depressing. Does one woman really need this many pairs of shoes, so many that she needs a ladder to reach some of them? What hole in your insides are you trying to fill that that many shoes will never fill anyway? And her son standing there, looking at the camera, like, Can you believe how depressing this is?, made me experience the existential sadness of living in a celebrity-worshiping capitalist culture that prizes material wealth above, say, motherhood. Then I clicked on to the next page. [NYMag.com] Keep reading »
- Keira Knightley has beaten Scarlett Johansson for the part of Eliza Doolittle in a new film adaptation of “My Fair Lady.” [The Telegraph] — Keira is the better pick for the part anyway.
- Lawyers for Jennifer Lopez have sent a cease-and-desist letter to her first husband Ojani Noa to shut down production of “How I Married Jennifer Lopez: The J-lo and and Ojani Noa Story,” a mockumentary-style movie. [The Wrap]
- What exactly does a $100,000 wedding look like? Take a peek inside WeddingChannel.com’s dream wedding for a Washington, D.C.-based couple. [Us Weekly] — I’d have a hard time spending that amount of money, even if someone else were footing the bill, but I’d love the Tacori jewelry.
- Here’s a fun way to pass the time and impress your friends with your celebrity trivia. Can you recognize the celebrity based on her real, not-so-cute name? [TrèsSugar] — I only got one wrong and wasn’t really paying attention to the photos.
Want to make out with Charlize Theron? It’s simple! All you have to do is pony up $140K at the next charity auction she hosts. This weekend Charlize was helping to raise money for OneXOne and when bidding stalled on a South African World Cup package, the star up the ante by offering to lock lips with the highest bidder. So who won 20 seconds in heaven with Charlize? The lady in the video above, who seems to be really enjoying her winnings. Wonder if Charlize slipped her the tongue… Keep reading »
Our photo service, Splash News, says this is a photo of Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes shopping for Halloween costumes. Since we don’t see any costumes in this pic, we’re wondering what little Suri is going to be for Halloween:
- Baby Maverick from “Top Gun”?
- A princess? (She’s got the outfits for it!)
- Baby “Risky Business”?
- Shiloh Jolie-Pitt?
This pimp dog should have won the 19th Annual Dog Halloween Parade in Tompkins Square Park. [NYC, 10/25/09] Keep reading »
“I read Sex and the Single Girl and Sex and the Office before [both written by former Cosmopolitan editor-in-chief, Helen Gurley Brown, in 1962 and 1965, respectively] — not before the pilot, because I didn’t know about it at that point — but after the pilot, and before we started season one. They were huge inspirations. I started turning down pages of things that I thought would be useful or relevant, and then I realized every single page was turned down. [Laughs] Tons of great tidbits that, you know, even if no one else catches them or something, that I’m thinking of. … Like the way you prepare your desk. Making sure there are little candies out because that’s enticing. Making sure that your slip shows just a tiny, tiny bit when you’re sitting down because that’s alluring.”
— Christina Hendricks, the actress who plays Joan Holloway on “Mad Men,” on where she gathered inspiration for the role. Read more of her thoughts on Joan in a great interview with New York magazine’s Vulture blog. Keep reading »