Rihanna is finally opening up about the physical abuse she suffered by ex-boyfriend Chris Brown in an interview with Glamour magazine. They interviewed Rihanna for their annual Women Of The Year issue, ostensibly to speak up for domestic violence survivors, which is a brave move for her to make. But honestly? Rihanna’s statement is of the “no, duh” variety and sounds like it was written/watered down by PR folks and lawyers. Keep reading »
- Robert Pattinson denies rumors that he and Kristen Stewart are dating in the December issue of Vanity Fair. Also in the story, he says he thinks he resembles a cartoon character and that one of his legs is longer than the other. [Vanity Fair] — This could be the first time the Tiger Beat crowd will rush to purchase a copy of Vanity Fair.
- Lindsay Lohan and Gerard Butler reportedly got cozy in Morocco on Sunday night, locking lips on the dance floor and then leaving together. [NY Daily News] — If this is true, Gerard is totally taking advantage of Lindsay, who still seems to be getting over Sam Ronson.
- Some people are saying Kate Hudson, who is dating Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez, is a good luck charm for the team. Also, a source told Us Weekly that A-Rod is “less of a jerk” and “more free-spirited” now that he’s with her. [Us Weekly] — If he’s become less of a jerk, she’s a real miracle worker.
“[Robert Pattinson's character in "Twilight"] is actually a really good parallel to fame. As a vampire, he has a sad, desolate life—fame is the same. [...] I don’t want to be a movie star like Angelina Jolie. Nothing about being a celebrity is desirable. I’m an actor. It’s bizarre to me that everybody’s so obsessive.”
- Gawker Media has responded to a copyright infringement lawsuit in the amount of $1 million filed by “Grey’s Anatomy” star Eric Dane and his actress wife Rebecca Gayheart for the website’s posting of a video of the pair socializing naked with Kari Ann Peniche, a former beauty queen. The website is taking issue with the amount of money the couple is seeking. [THR, esq.]
- Elton John has an E. coli bacterial infection and the flu and is staying at a London hospital. [NY Post] — He wouldn’t be in this mess if he had a Zadro Nano Wand UV Disinfection Scanner.
- Jessica Simpson used to promote her sister Ashlee on “Melrose Place” via Twitter, but now that Ashlee has been canned, Jess says the soap is crap anyway. [Us Weekly] — I have to agree with you on this one, Jess.
Last week, 15-year-old Dakota Fanning was crowned the Homecoming Princess of Crespi Carmelite High School after cheering at the game with the other Viking cheerleaders. This is weird for a couple of reasons: because she goes to an actual high school and because she is still only 15. Also, isn’t she too busy being a badass Volturi to be a cheerleader? And aren’t teenagers supposed to resent her for her success? Plus, aren’t they generally called “Homecoming Queens”?
Most celebrities at least claim they were outcasts in high school. Having been a drama geek, I can confirm that this is likely true. But I guess not every path to stardom is paved with struggle. Here are some celebrities who were beloved from day one. [Just Jared] Keep reading »
It’s hard to imagine Robert Pattinson as anything but a total stud who makes us cream our panties. But lo and behold, when director Catherine Hardwicke presented her casting choice to Twilight‘s producers, those goons weren’t sure this vampiric hunk was Edward material! (By his own admission, RPatz had been “getting drunk for a year” before.) In an interview with Vanity Fair magazine, Hardwicke dished:
“[The producers] called me up and they literally said, ‘Catherine, do you think you can make this guy look good?’ So I said, ‘Here’s what I’m going to do. I’m going to get his hair back to a different color, do a different style. He would work with a trainer from now on. My cinematographer is great with lighting. He will study the cheekbones, and I promise you, we’ll make the guy look good.’”
Mission accomplished, indeed. After the jump, a smoldering Pattinson pic from Vanity Fair‘s dee-lish slideshow: Keep reading »
The New York Post is reporting Paris Hilton and her boyfriend, Doug Reinhardt, had a “boozy grapple” after a Halloween party on Friday night that led to what I would call domestic violence. Hilton and her boyfriend attended Heidi Klum and Seal’s Halloween party and then hit up another bash at L.A.’s Roosevelt hotel. When the couple got into their limo at 3:30 a.m., the publicity-hungry twosome were apparently three sheets to the wind. At some point during the drive home, witnesses, including paparazzi, allegedly saw a cell phone chucked from the limo’s window and then the vehicle abruptly stopped. Allegedly, Hilton got out of the limo, searched the ground for it (it was later located and given back to her by a paparazzo), and in front of a bunch of witnesses, scolded Reinhardt for throwing it out the window. When she got back in the car, Hilton allegedly slapped and kicked Reinhardt and he then used his left hand to choke and restrain her. “[Doug] was holding her around the neck saying, ‘Relax, relax,’” a photog told the Post. Keep reading »
Causes like rebuilding New Orleans, protesting animal cruelty with PETA, and helping poor children are totally played out. No, today’s press-seeking celebrity will have to come up with something more exotic. How about saving the Gypsies?! In Eastern Europe, especially in Romania where their population is close to half a million (that’s a lot of caravans!), Gypsies are facing major discrimination in housing, health care and education due to their nomadic ways. Who better to help them get the equal rights they deserve than the former material girl, Madonna. Always on the cutting edge, she spoke out about Gypsy discrimination at a recent concert in Bucharest to the dismay of many of her non-Gypsy fans, who booed her offstage. But Madge does not stand alone in the fight. Another celeb is applauding Madonna’s Gypsy support. Ethan Hawke and his mom Leslie, who has been running a charity organization to support the Gypsies since 2000, think Madonna is a gem for raising awareness about the problem. She even donated a pair of autographed Christian Dior shoes to be auctioned off at a recent Gypsy charity ball. Next stop for Madge … Gypsy baby adoption? [PopEater] Keep reading »
On Thursday’s “Good Morning America” at 7 a.m., Rihanna will publicly break her silence and tell what went down in Chris Brown‘s Lamborghini the night he assaulted her. She’ll follow up that appearance with an interview on “20/20″ on Friday at 10 p.m. [Celeb Wohoo]
I wouldn’t get too excited about this interview because Rihanna probably won’t reveal much — she’s had nine months to perfect the PR coaching she was no doubt given. But, we’ll be watching anyway, to find out whether this was an isolated incident or if there was a pattern of physical or emotional abuse before the assault. Keep reading »
unSweetined, Jodie Sweetin‘s book about her drug addiction and recovery, officially hits bookstores tomorrow, and the former “Full House” star spoke to Matt Lauer on “Today” this morning. As we know from reading an excerpt from the book, Jodie was still using when she began touring the country, warning college students about the dangers of using drugs. The day before she caught a flight to speak to students at Marquette University, she had partied for hours, drinking alcohol and using ecstasy and cocaine. She even bought some coke, which she hid in her makeup compact, on the flight. Keep reading »