“[This mom said] ‘Excuse me Taylor…. I’m wearing the Team Taylor panties right now. Is there any way I can take them off for you and just have you sign ‘em quick?’…. And the daughter goes, ‘Mom, come on!’ The mother told her daughter, ‘Honey, don’t worry. This is what we do at these things.’ And security stepped in and said, ‘No ma’am, this is not what we’ll be doing.’”
- Nicole Richie‘s lawyer repeatedly referred to Joel Madden as “your husband” while questioning her during a protective order hearing against a a few paparazzi. [E! Online] — Hmmm.
- Adriana Lima and her NBA husband Marko Jaric have welcomed a baby girl to their family. [PopEater] — Did someone say supermodel?
- Chris Brown says he’s not ready to date yet. [People] — Actually, no one is ready to date him yet.
The Simpson sisters have truly got each other’s backs. First Jessica dissed “Melrose Place” for ditching Ashlee. Now Ashlee’s telling all the folks who criticized Jessica’s weight which way is up. In the most recent issue of Women’s Health, she said, “My sister has an incredible body. I feel sorry for anyone who would judge her, because she’s one sexy lady.” [Examiner]
It’s really sweet that they stand by each other. I wish I had someone to do damage control on my weight gains for me. Thankfully, for these celebrities, their siblings are ready to throw punches on their behalf. Keep reading »
Robin Givens really wanted to “sock” Oprah Winfrey after her recent interview with Mike Tyson. Why? When discussing the couple’s 1988 interview with Barbara Walters, Tyson told the Big O that Robin was telling lies about claims of domestic violence. Tyson said, “At that particular moment, I truly wanted to sock her, but I just didn’t do it. I have socked her before, and she socked me before, as well. It was just that kind of relationship.” Sure sounds like domestic violence to me. I wonder what it was that Givens was lying about? And oddly, the audience laughed at this comment and an out-of-character Oprah was silent. Well, Givens was not silent about her feelings about it. She was “really, really hurt” by the laughter and Oprah’s silence. Keep reading »
- Janet Jackson‘s life hasn’t been scrutinized as much as Michael‘s, but there are some interesting rumors that turned out to be true. [PopEater] — I don’t know about y’all, but I still believe the one about her child with James DeBarge.
- Forever 21 is starting a lifestyle, fashion, and beauty magazine that’s slated to launch this Friday. [Black Book] — I wonder if “lifestyle” includes the religion of the parent company?
- More Afghani women have access to birth control pills, but they still hide it from their husbands. [TrèsSugar] — This is one bittersweet situation when you consider the consequences for some Muslim women who disobey their husbands.
“As a teen, I was both anorexic and bulimic. I was a young woman in the public eye, on the receiving end of a lot of attention, and I was trying to protect myself from men who were using their power in ways I was too young to know how to handle … Disappointment, sadness and pain hit me hard, and I tried to numb those feelings through my relationship with food. For four to six months at a time, I would barely eat. I lived on a diet of Melba toast, carrots, and black coffee. I began recovering at 18, when a sweet friend confronted me … I hope my effort shows any woman battling an eating disorder or poor body image that she’s not alone — support is out there.”
“They’re not very big, my boobs, so they just became normal size. I loved it! I felt very Woman. When you’ve had a slightly androgynous body your whole life, having breasts is a nice feeling.”
– Nicole Kidman on how her breasts changed after giving birth to Sunday Rose, in an interview with Ladies Home Journal. Clearly, she wishes they were still that voluptuous, given the push-up she was giving her rack last week. [Just Jared] Keep reading »
This “blind item” from Blind Gossip is so juicy that I can’t resist posting it here, in hopes you guys might have a theory as to who it’s about. Ready to put on your thinking caps?
“These two celebrity couples aren’t super close friends in public, but it’s clear that they know each other. Everyone knows that the male half of Couple A used to work with the female half of Couple B over a period of time. Yes, we know, there were rumors flying around at the time that those two were involved in an off-screen fling. Although it was good publicity for the project, it’s not true. But there was something more insidious going on behind the scenes. Something that didn’t make the tabloids…”