Apples, anyway. [Backstage at Phillip Lim, 9/10/08] Keep reading »
Zergnet: Simply Irresistible
Women love movies. Dudes love movies too. Unfortunately, women and men don’t always love the same movies — that’s why we once vetoed a dude because he couldn’t see the cinematic power of Fear. When you’ve got a boyfriend or even when you’re just going on a date with someone new, going to the cinema necessitates negotiation. You want emotions and romance and hot guys, he wants explosions, and blood, and protruding limbs. You want Reese Witherspoon, he wants Bruce Willis. 27 Dresses sounds awesome, 28 Days Later not so much.
Now be honest, how many times have you been talked into seeing a movie that ends with an epic battle where the hero’s head comes flying off at the sharp edge of a masculine sword? If the answer to that question is anything other than “zero,” you need our help in choosing chick flicks he’ll actually like.
Lucky for you, we’ve assembled an amazing list of compromises: 10 chick flicks your dude will totally like. We understand all the elements that make up a great movie: a compelling story, some humor, and a hot person or, you know, five. But before that, start off with Ask Men’s Top Ten Guy Movies Women Will Like. You can opt for one of their’s next movie night, or you could skip the blood and guts fest and give HIM a lesson in film appreciation with these chick flicks he’ll have a hard-on for, after the jump… Keep reading »
The Presidential Election is mere weeks away! It used to be that t-shirts were the only way you could show your support for a candidate, or just the electoral process in general, but nowadays everyone from Etsy vendors to Forever 21 is selling political related accessories — rings, neclaces, tote bags — with cool graphics and arty pizazz. Check out ten picks after the jump! Keep reading »
C’mon. You know you’re just dying to know what John McCain is saying to ol’ Levi Johnston that’s making Bristol Palin smile so sweetly. [Minneapolis, MN, 9/3/08] Keep reading »
Well, by protesting we mean promoting. Don’t they have underlings who can do that instead of, you know, the band? [New York City, 9/3/08] Keep reading »
Gonna be honest. Xtina’s mammaries totally scare us. Mommy is that going to happen to us? [New York City, 9/02/08] Keep reading »
New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin has called it the storm of the century. After the wreckage left in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, we here at The Frisky join the rest of the country in letting the citizens of New Orleans and the rest of the Gulf Coast know that we’re thinking of you. [CNN.com] Keep reading »
All the proof we need that Gabriel Aubry was an EXCELLENT choice in sperm donor. Damn, that baby is cute. [Los Angeles Zoo, 8/30/08] Keep reading »
1. Get a neon manicure and pedicure.
2. Go skinny-dipping.
3. Eat raw oysters.
4. Make out with a random person at a bar.
6. Play Frisbee.
7. Sunbathe away any tan lines.
8. Wear an all white outfit.
9. Give an impromptu party with close friends on the roof of your building.
10. Visit an outdoor lounge or restaurant.
11. Air out your apartment or house to get a summer breeze.
12. Take outdoor photos.
13. Go for a hike.
14. Explore a new neighborhood.
15. Sleep outside.
16. Attend an outdoor music concert.
17. Get wet in a kid’s outdoor water fountain.
18. Take a weekend road trip.
19. Buy fresh summer produce and cook an entire meal from it.
20. Make popsicles. (Bonus: With booze!)
21. Take a surfing lesson.
22. Have sex outside.
23. Wear a really, really short mini dress out on the town.
24. Read a book you’ve been meaning to read for a long time, but keep putting off.
25. Make a list of Fall resolutions.
26. Organize your closet and donate stuff to charity.
27. Learn the lyrics to one of these songs of Summer 2008: Estelle’s “American Boy”, Rihanna’s “Disturbia”, and Duffy’s “Mercy”.
28. Go on a long walk with no destination in mind and see where you end up.
29. Go to the beach and actually GO in the ocean!
30. Go fishing.