C’mon. You know you’re just dying to know what John McCain is saying to ol’ Levi Johnston that’s making Bristol Palin smile so sweetly. [Minneapolis, MN, 9/3/08] Keep reading »
Profile for The Frisky
Well, by protesting we mean promoting. Don’t they have underlings who can do that instead of, you know, the band? [New York City, 9/3/08] Keep reading »
Gonna be honest. Xtina’s mammaries totally scare us. Mommy is that going to happen to us? [New York City, 9/02/08] Keep reading »
New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin has called it the storm of the century. After the wreckage left in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, we here at The Frisky join the rest of the country in letting the citizens of New Orleans and the rest of the Gulf Coast know that we’re thinking of you. [CNN.com] Keep reading »
All the proof we need that Gabriel Aubry was an EXCELLENT choice in sperm donor. Damn, that baby is cute. [Los Angeles Zoo, 8/30/08] Keep reading »
1. Get a neon manicure and pedicure.
2. Go skinny-dipping.
3. Eat raw oysters.
4. Make out with a random person at a bar.
6. Play Frisbee.
7. Sunbathe away any tan lines.
8. Wear an all white outfit.
9. Give an impromptu party with close friends on the roof of your building.
10. Visit an outdoor lounge or restaurant.
11. Air out your apartment or house to get a summer breeze.
12. Take outdoor photos.
13. Go for a hike.
14. Explore a new neighborhood.
15. Sleep outside.
16. Attend an outdoor music concert.
17. Get wet in a kid’s outdoor water fountain.
18. Take a weekend road trip.
19. Buy fresh summer produce and cook an entire meal from it.
20. Make popsicles. (Bonus: With booze!)
21. Take a surfing lesson.
22. Have sex outside.
23. Wear a really, really short mini dress out on the town.
24. Read a book you’ve been meaning to read for a long time, but keep putting off.
25. Make a list of Fall resolutions.
26. Organize your closet and donate stuff to charity.
27. Learn the lyrics to one of these songs of Summer 2008: Estelle’s “American Boy”, Rihanna’s “Disturbia”, and Duffy’s “Mercy”.
28. Go on a long walk with no destination in mind and see where you end up.
29. Go to the beach and actually GO in the ocean!
30. Go fishing.
Guess what? The Frisky is taking over the weekends! While we won’t be posting as vociferously as we do during the week, The Frisky will be keeping you up to date on all the sexy happenings on Saturdays and Sundays. Plus, this Labor Day Monday, while we’ll be out of the office, there will definitely be some fresh posts for you to read while you enjoy your day off. Sigh, goodbye summer…hello fall! Keep reading »
Or at least that’s what her outfit seems to suggest. [Performing on The Today Show, New York City, 8/29/08] Keep reading »
After J. broke up with me my senior year in high school, I was pissed. Livid. Just a few weeks earlier, he told me he loved me, we went to prom and all was glorious in the world. What the heck? After a few weeks of having an intimate rebound relationship with a box of Kleenex, I became dead-set on making his life as unpleasant as he had made mine.
In order to exact my revenge, my best friend and I went to the mall where the kids who went to his high school always hung out. We approached every high-school aged girl we could find, asked if she knew J., and then told her to stay away from him and his terrible case of back-ne. Mature? Hell no. Satisfying? Undeniably.
Though I think my plan was rather brilliant, I probably would have received some nice inspiration had Alison Grambs’ book “The Smart Girl’s Guide To Getting Even” been around in 1994. In it, she offers all sorts of perfectly legal yet wholly satisfying ways to get back at the Js — i.e. the complete and total jerks — of the world. After the jump, find a sampling of her I-will-not-go-down-quietly strategies. Keep reading »