As we flip through glossy decorating magazines and click away at online shopping sites, we begin to cry. Why are these apartments so beautiful, and why aren’t ours just as perfect? Well, dry your tears, channel your inner interior designer, and listen up. Your wallet might be empty, but that doesn’t mean your living room has to be. You can decorate cheaply without it looking cheap! Find 10 creative ideas for inexpensive home decorating, after the jump. Keep reading »
Profile for Lauren Gold
We can’t wait to see “Eat Pray Love” tonight, but in the meantime, Dogeared is keeping us occupied. The jewelry company has a line of delicate trinkets and jewels in honor of the film. We’re particularly taken with this purple macrame bracelet. The bright purple color mixes up standard metal chain bracelets. Wear it alone, with your watch, or with a bunch of bangle bracelets. We couldn’t agree with the message more: “I deserve something beautiful.” That’s right.
Sometimes, a lip stain just isn’t enough. This trio from Bare Escentuals contains a lip liner, lipstick, and lip gloss all in one package. So you can play around with different combinations depending on the look you want. Wear just the lipstick or gloss for an office-appropriate look, and then get a shiny, pigmented pout with all three for a night out on the town. We recommend this mauve color, which matches a variety of skin tones really well. And yes, lip liner is back!
- Wyclef Jean is officially running for president of Haiti. Let us repeat: Wyclef Jean is running for president of Haiti. He’s another celeb going from entertainment to government. [NY Daily News]
- Luke Wilson talks about his acting career. He’s so darn cute! [Salon]
- Alex McCord is keeping us in suspense. Will she come back to “The Real Housewives” next season? [Crushable]
At a loss for words? Whip out these babies to get the conversation flowing. These topic cards are perfect for a long road trip, lightening up a discussion, or just getting your friends to think. Use them at a dinner party, or keep them on your coffee table. There are questions like “What’s the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen?” and “If you could spend one year in any country which would you choose?” With 135 open-ended questions, you’re sure to be entertained. Who wants to discuss the weather or politics when you can spice things up like this? Let the chatter begin.
Sometimes, the world just makes perfect sense. Nordstrom is having a sale, Ali picked Roberto on “The Bachelorette,” and some actors are meant to play animated Disney characters. PasteMagazine.com hit these doppelgangers on the head. Angelina Jolie is Vanessa from “The Little Mermaid,” the human temptress that was in actuality evil Ursula; Seth Rogen‘s goofiness makes him the perfect Baloo the Bear from “The Jungle Book”; and RuPaul and the Sea Witch clearly share a hair stylist. We know that some celebrities look like animals, but these fictional character resemblances are just uncanny. How did we never see this before? Check out all the comparisons at Paste Magazine. Keep reading »
- Mel Gibson should know that actions speak louder than words, but that didn’t prevent him from sending Oksana Grigorieva an apology via email. Say what? [RadarOnline.com]
- Morrie Yohai, inventor of the Cheez Doodle, passed away. He will be missed, but his delicious snack lives on. [Daily News]
- NBC will air a live episode of “30 Rock” this fall. How will the cast do? [Speakeasy]