Zergnet: Simply Irresistible
Profile for Jessica Wakeman
“I’ve always been comfortable with who I am. When it comes to my sexuality, I just finished the chapter in my book [to be released in January] about my sexuality and my idea of it. I haven’t discussed it — not because I’m ashamed of anything you’ll read about when my book comes out — I just don’t want to put it out there in a way where someone can twist my words. While I don’t believe in masculinity and femininity, I don’t believe in a purely gay person or a purely straight person. I have a very clear opinion of my own sexuality. I’m not saying anything about my sexuality because I want it to be out there in my own words.”
— Johnny Weir, the skating world’s most flamboyantly dressed performer, prefers to keep some things private — at least until his book comes out in January. Whatevs, we think “comfortable with who I am” is a great way to be! [Queerty.com]
- A couple of blogs — including us — noticed that supermodel Crystal Renn, who is fuller-figured and vocal about promoting healthier body images, looks much skinnier in recent pics. But Renn’s agent at Ford models, Gary Dakin, confirmed Renn is a size 10 and is not trying to lose weight. It’s kinda weird that the poor girl’s agent has to talk to the press about what size she is! [Fashionista]
- Nevada senatorial candidate Sharron Angle believes abortion should be illegal in cases of rape and incest. In a long interview about her views, she described a young girl she knows who was the victim of rape by her father, who was then adopted by new parents. “And they found that they had made what was really a lemon situation into lemonade,” Angle says. [The Huffington Post]
- Louisiana Senator David Vitter has finally responded to why he let an employee stay on staff for two years after he allegedly beat his girlfriend. So if Brent Furer allegedly beat his girlfriend, why was he assigned to work on women’s issues? He wasn’t, says Vitter. Brent Furer only worked on abortion issues, not women’s issues. Ah, OK. [YouTube]
Sarah Palin‘s political action committee has released a dare-I-say touching web video, called “Mama Grizzlies,” about women in the Republican Party. Palin calls it the “mom awakening,” because she says moms always know when something is wrong and then they defend their cubs like mama grizzly bears.
Unlike Michelle Obama, you’ll probably never wear an outfit by Isabel Toledo while watching your husband be inaugurated as president. But Tar-jay looks out for us little people! Isabel Toledo and her husband, Ruben, have designed a swimwear collection which goes on sale at Target.com on August 1. Five percent of the proceeds from the bathing suits/cover-ups will be donated to New York City’s Museo del Barrio, a museum devoted to Latin Americans culture in the city. Anyone who wants to nab an arty bikini can pick them up earlier than the rest of the country at Target’s new store in Harlem, NY starting July 25. Grab the red one-piece for me, please. [Fashionista] Keep reading »
It’s that time of year, ladies: heat waves burning across the continental U.S. and Leering McLeerers are coming out of the woodwork. (Or is it up from the sludge?) Not that McLeerers wait until sundress season to sexually harass women in public. Many is the man who finds something sexually foul to say when you’re wearing a down parka. A new iPhone app, soon to receive approval from the Apple app store, will let women in New York City chronicle their sexual harassment on a map. It’s created by the women behind the Hollaback! blogs, where women in cities across the country write in with their experiences of street harassment and sometimes even snap cellie pics of the douches who pester them. Keep reading »
You went to college for more than a “Mrs.” degree. But that doesn’t mean you can’t taunt single ladies with your slogan T-shirt! Ha, ha, ha! No, seriously, why would anyone wear a T-shirt like this? I think it’s totally cute for a bachelorette party and then as comfy T-shirt pajamas, but not, like, out in public on a Tuesday. That would be kind of sad. Hello, I’m married! Amelia thinks the tee is just plain offensive, starting with the price: $575. Yeah, Moschino, that’s “Cheap and Chic” indeed. [Net-A-Porter.com] Keep reading »
- Iran has halted a Sakineh Mahadmmadi Ashtiani’s death by stoning for adultery after it faced worldwide criticism. Lindsay Lohan, however, is still going to jail. [Guardian UK]
- Louisiana Senator David Vitter has finally responded to why he let an employee stay on staff for two years after he allegedly beat his girlfriend. So if Brent Furer allegedly beat his girlfriend, why was he assigned to work women’s issues? He wasn’t, says Vitter. Brent Furer only worked on abortion issues, not women’s issues. Ah, OK. [YouTube]
- “The only person who’s actually been doing anything for the battle against teen pregnancy is Levi Johnston. Don’t have unprotected sex with your boyfriend, girls. Look what he might turn into.” Gail Collins, op-ed columnist for The New York Times, you are brilliant. [NYT]
Nicola Paginton is an inspiration to us all: the 30-year-old nanny allegedly died of a heart attack while masturbating to porn. Suck it, Mary Poppins! Police said last October, Paginton failed to show up for work one day; her employer came to the nanny’s place because she wasn’t answering her phone. There she and a neighbor broke inside and discovered Paginton dead, lying on her bed with a vibrator by her side and a porn playing on her laptop. The coroner ruled her “activity before bed” likely contributed to this otherwise healthy young lady’s sudden heart arrhythmia.