- Israeli scientist Professor Haim Breitbart is hard at work on the “Bright Pill,” a birth control pill or injection which has proven to cause temporary sterility in mice. But don’t worry! It fades away and the mice are supposedly as virile as they were before. Prof. Breitbart hopes the male birth control will be on the market for human males within the next five years. [Israel21c]
- Around-the-world-sailor Abby Sunderland, 16, who was recently rescued in the Indian Ocean, is back home in Thousand Oaks, California, and defending herself against critics who say she was too young to sail. “I sailed 12,000 miles by myself, crossed two oceans and sailed around Cape Horn,” Sunderland says. “Questions of my age should have been over a long time ago.” [People]
- Irresponsible headline of the day: “Brooks man shot wife over nagging.” Do they also run headlines like this: “Man punches wife in the eye because she burns dinner”? [Bangor Daily News]
Profile for Jessica Wakeman
Most 69-year-old women are chasing the grandkids, but Wonder Woman is still chasing bad guys — and she’s got a new outfit for the first time ever! Wonder Woman will debut her makeover today, in Issue No. 600 of her monthly comic book. Gone is the golden eagle-encrusted bodice, star-spangled boy shorts and, shocker, 80 percent of her exposed flesh. Wonder Woman’s new duds are downright modest — typically unheard of for women in comic book land — with black tights, a red top and blue jacket. Her ample bosom still features prominently, but hey, at least she is no longer fighting crime in a bustier. [New York Times] Keep reading »
Why do I keep watching this show about these terrible people? The “Jersey Shore” gang is back and this time, it’s in Miami! Ronnie is still a juiced up d-bag, JWoww still has the temper of an enraged rhino, and it looks like Vinny finally gets laid by Snooki and Angelina. It all looks just as offensive-yet-entertaining as last season, but seriously, MTV, where the hell is the duck phone? [MTV.com] Keep reading »
Gee, we haven’t heard from Carrie Prejean in a while. Wonder what she’s up to? Turns out the beauty queen who’s against same-sex marriage is getting “opposite married” on Friday to NFL quarterback Kyle Boller. Mazel tov! It seems The Frisky’s invitation (and Perez Hilton’s, and Larry King‘s) got lost in the mail.
It would only be polite to send a gift, though. After the jump, some fitting gifts for our fave anti-gay, sex tape-having, dethroned Miss California: Keep reading »
Ugh, put this as Exhibit A in your “Objectification of Women” file: a commercial for Russian airline Avianova where sexy stewardesses strip down to bikinis on the tarmac, scrub down an airplane and suggestively drip soap suds all over their boobs. The kitschy scooby-dee-dooby-doo soundtrack is the only thing that doesn’t make me wanna vom. Nudity-free, but probably NSFW, unless your boss is down with soft core porn. [YouTube] Keep reading »
Is Britney Spears a “Toxic” parent? Ex-bodyguard Fernando Flores allegedly claims she hit her kids with a belt, the UK’s Sun newspaper reports. A “source” said that according to Flores, last March or early April, Britney “came marching into the pool house and her mansion and demanded [Flores'] belt. He handed it over, but then followed her to into the main hose and claims he witnessed the alleged incident.” Flores also claims Spears fed her sons, Sean Preston and Jayden James, food they are allergic to, including shellfish, which made them ill. Keep reading »
- Iceland’s prime minister, Johanna Sigurdardottir, married her girlfriend, Jonina Leosdottir, on Sunday, when the country’s same-sex marriage law became legalized. Congratulations! [AP]
- Nevada’s Republican senatorial candidate, Sharron Angle, said she opposes legal abortion even in the case of rape and incest, while appearing on “The Bill Manders Show,” explaining, “I believe that God has a plan and a purpose for each one of our lives.” Angle also said she is “pro-responsible choice,” adding “there is a choice to abstain, [a] choice to do contraception.” [Huffington Post]
It’s hard not to love our gay boyfriend Johnny Weir: not only is this Olympic ice skater confident with who he is, his closet would make Paris Hilton weep. He recently opened his closet up to Bluefly.com — actually, make that his closets. Johnny lives in a two-bedroom apartment in New Jersey with two walk-in closets and one room just for clothes. He’s got a red Army soldier’s hat, a “Martian bubble coat” from Gareth Pugh, Louis Vuitton “millionaire” sunglasses, tons of “long, shiny, pointy shoes” and a Balenciaga tree for bags. Materialistic swoon!