It’s been a few months since we’ve heard from Sydney Leathers, sexting pal of Carlos Danger/former New York City mayoral candidate Rep. Anthony Weiner, and she’s back with a bang! According to an extremely creepy dude on TMZ, Miss Leathers is getting labiaplasty on her vulva and will auction off the excess labia skin encased in Lucite. Keep reading »
Profile for Jessica Wakeman
Alec Baldwin is reportedly losing his MSNBC talk show, “Up Late With Alec Baldwin,” following a suspension for allegedly calling a paparazzo a gay slur, according to Page Six. Earlier this month, the “30 Rock” star allegedly called the photographer a “cocksucking fag.” Page Six claims MSNBC’s parent company Comcast has decided to nix the talk show, which pulled in crappy ratings anyway. The actor has had numerous other outbursts, including threatening a British tabloid writer and calling him a “toxic little queen” and punching a paparazzo in the face. Regardless of whether this MSNBC rumor is true, I’m sure Alec Baldwin will have a hotheaded response, whether on Twitter, in real life, or on someone else’s talk show. [Page Six] [Photo: Getty]
Faith Christian Academy in Orlando, Florida, has forced 12-year-old Vanessa Van Dyke, a Black student who rocks a mane of natural hair, to either straighten her hair or cut it off — or be expelled.
The school claims her hairstyle is in violation of the school dress code, which says, “Hair must be a natural color and must not be a distraction.” It gives examples of inappropriate hair such as rat tails, mohawks and shaved designs. The “distraction” is apparently Vanessa’s complaint to grownups at the school that she was been teased over her hair. Keep reading »
- A mall Santa in Massachusetts was arrested for allegedly groping an 18-year-old woman playing an elf. [AP]
- White House party crasher Michaele Salahi and Neal Schon from Journey are marrying on December 15 in a three-hour-long live Pay-Per-View event. [TMZ]
- Kate Middleton’s hair stylist James Pryce has been fired from doing her locks after posting pics of her various hairdos on Facebook and Twitter to promote his business. [RadarOnline]
- Oopsies: Angelina Jolie actually didn’t buy Brad Pitt his own private island. [Page Six]
- Tori Spelling was hospitalized for anxiety after the fallout from calling Katie Holmes “plastic” on her book tour. [RadarOnline] Keep reading »
Sunday night, I had the privilege of seeing Kanye West in concert at Madison Square Garden. Creative and sonically amazing and fantastical … BUT YOU GUYS, IT WAS ALSO KIND OF BIZARRE.
There was someone dressed in a monster suit, and a volcano which exploded halfway through the show, and women with nylons pulled over their faces, and a guy dressed like Jesus, and a stage that tilted sideways up into the air during the show while Kanye dangled off the edge, and then this loooong rant that he went on about Lenny Kravitz and “The Hunger Games” and Adidas and Marc Jacobs and fashion. It was absolutely an incredible experience and I am glad to have had it. But I hadn’t been to a big stadium concert in a looong time and definitely not one involving Jesus and volcanoes. Damn, I’m only 29 but I felt old.
After the jump, here are nine things about going to the Kanye West concert that made me feel super-old — in GIFs!
Chocolate, almonds, and cocoa powder sound like the makings of a decadent treat. And also a pedicure. Oh, yes: the hot chocolate pedicure is here. Maria Bonita Salon, located in New York City’s SoHo neighborhood, is offering an indulgent hot chocolate pedi. First, you soak your tootsies in cocoa, almond oils, and Dead Sea salts. Next your dead skin is sloughed off with a chocolate and almond exfoliating scrub. Then your feet are massaged with a combination of chocolate, almond oil, and vitamin E, topped off with a hot chocolate paraffin infusion. Unlike the hot chocolate at your local coffee shop which shouldn’t cost more than $3, the hot chocolate pedicure will set you back a whopping $40. While it’s decadent to be sure, it sounds like a misuse of perfectly good hot cocoa to me. [Maria Bonita Salon] [Image of hot chocolate via Shutterstock]
- Katie Couric will join Yahoo as a “global anchor” beginning in 2014, and shoot news features to air on the site’s homepage, CEO Marissa Mayer announced in a Tumblr post today. Couric will also continue to host her talk show, “Katie,” which was just renewed for a second season. [Tumblr]
- The Connecticut State Attorney’s Office has released its official report on the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School last December. [Mother Jones]
- Malin Ackerman and her husband, Roberto Zincone, are dunzo after six years. The couple welcomed their first child only seven months ago. [US Weekly]
- I don’t know whether to laugh or be horrified by my friend Nick’s hilarious Craigslist “Missed Connection” for a woman who pretty much assaulted him in line for the Port-A-Potties at the Harvard-Yale game this weekend. [Craigslist] Keep reading »
- A European company making a morning-after pill similar to Plan B says it has found its product, Norvelo, to be less effective for women over 165 lbs. and to not work at all for women over 176 lbs. Obviously, this has implications for American-made emergency contraception and whether it, too, is ineffective for some women. All the more reason to use another primary form of contraception, ladies and gents.[TIME]
- Russia has banned advertisements for abortion. [Reuters]
- Here’s Courtney Andrews, a teenage rape survivor who saw rapist (a neighbor) get off with a slap on the wrist, on Melissa Harris-Perry’s MSNBC show this weekend. [MSNBC] Keep reading »
”It seems young actresses are under pressure to look a particular way. They look the same, that’s the thing. And they’re all being photoshopped in adverts for all sorts of (products), so maybe that’s difficult as well — because you’ve got pictures of yourself looking perfect. They have to be this specific model size, and if they get on to the red carpet, they’re all having to walk like models and dress like models. I think the pressure is terrible. If you’re invited to re-invent yourself, in the language in which that conversation is couched, it’s difficult to resist: ‘You’ve got to be thinner.’ ‘You’ve got to be prettier. Because we need to sell you, and we won’t be able to sell you if you don’t look like this.’ It’s not about acting. They don’t care if you can act or not. I can only imagine what the pressures must be like. [If someone had tried to police my body in my 20s] I’d have told them where to shove it. I’ve always been a card-carrying feminist. But in those days, I was fierce, fierce, very angry. So I wouldn’t have put up with a single bloody minute of that.”
Damn straight Emma Thompson is a feminist! But wait — Emma, where do we get these official feminist cards? I need one for my wallet to whip out at appropriate moments. Please advise. [Telegraph UK] [Image via WENN]
Carrie Bradshaw and her “Carrie” necklace. Karl Lagerfeld and his black sunglasses. Mario Batali and his orange crocs. Some pairings are just go together like peanut better and jelly. Which is why when Crocs announced it would be discontinuing its orange shoes, Batali did the only rational thing and ordered 200 pairs of them. He admitted in Details that he got the last 200 pairs of orange Crocs ever via a special order. But for anyone dying to dress like Mario Batali next Halloween or just wear hideous shoes for the hell of it, a spokesperson confirmed to the blog Eater that there’s still a line of orange Crocs for Batali to wear when his bounty runs out. Crocs has made special Bistro Mario Batali and Bistro Mario Batali Vent Clogs in both orange and black, since 2007. The shoes are the same as the orange Crocs, only they feature the celebrity chef’s signature on them and promise to be especially comfortable for food industry folks who are on their feet all day. However, if you want normal orange Crocs and not the special orange ones, you’ll have to appeal to Mr. Batali himself. [Eater] [Photo: Getty]