I love eating chocolate. I love smelling chocolate. And now, after using The Body Deli’s dark chocolate truffle body scrub, I love bathing in it, too. The dark chocolate truffle body scrub (exclusively available in Feb.), sloughs off skin just as vigorously as their pumpkin body scrub. The African shea, organic cocoa and organic virgin coconut butter leaves softer parts of my body, like my belly and my butt, feeling touchable and smooth. But I really love how my dry and scaly feet feel almost instantly prettier! My mother thought the dark chocolate smell was too pungently like “food,” but that wasn’t a problem for me. Keep reading »
Profile for Jessica Wakeman
Back when I was in a relationship, there were a few things I missed about being a single girl. I had been in a great relationship with myself for two years and for all the pleasures of having a boyfriend, I also missed some parts of my former life. Now that I’m Jessica, Party of One, again, I think it’s time to revisit some of the single girl stuff I have to celebrate… Keep reading »
We know you’re cookin’ up something this Valentine’s Day and with these heart-shaped mixing bowls, you can make sure you do something in the kitchen, too! The pink, white and red set from Target might evoke the colors of February 14, but they’ll look funky-cute as you bake all year round. Plus, they fit inside one another like nesting dolls, so they won’t take up tons of space. Now, who wants a cupcake?
- Attention, Gleeks! The cast of “Glee” is going on tour across the U.S. in summer 2011. Will Lea Michele and her mountains of hair extensions be coming to a city near you? [RyanSeacrest.com]
- Christina Aguilera flubbing the national anthem at the Super Bowl is apparently grounds for a “mental health intervention”? Um, what? [The Superficial]
- “Sex and the City”‘s Cynthia Nixon and her fiancee, Christine Marinoni, became the proud new mommies of a son, Max, yesterday. Christine carried the pregnancy and both are doing fine. [People]
- Lindsay Lohan will be charged with felony grand theft for stealing/borrowing a $2,500 necklace. [TMZ]
- Lynn Wachtmann, a Republican state representative from Ohio, will introduce a “Heartbeat Bill” on Wednesday that will criminalize abortion after the first detectable fetal heartbeat. [KFOR]
- The CEO of Deutsche Bank, Josef Ackermann, said more women would add color and beauty to his boardroom. Because that’s what we’re here for: to look pretty for you, sir. [Sky News]
- Barriers keeping women from scientific fields include the pressure to balance a career and family and discouragement from an interest in science at a young age, according to a new study out of Cornell University. [UPI]
For Valentine’s Day, instead of waiting for love letters that’ll never come — who sends those anymore, anyway? — we decided to practice a little self-love in the name of St. Valentine by writing them to ourselves. We invite you to do the same in the comments. Yesterday Amelia shared hers and today is Jessica’s turn… Keep reading »
Most inappropriate Christmas card ever: the boss of a Swedish taxi company emailed holiday greetings to his staff featuring pictures of the company’s secretaries’ bottoms as they bent over in g-strings. According to IceNews, the Orebo taxi boss asked employees to match the secretary to the ass depicted in the photo in a multiple-choice quiz.”We couldn’t believe it. It was not even funny,” a female employee told Swedish newspaper, Nerikes Allehanda. The boss is now being investigated for sexism by the transport workers’ union, who first learned of the email after Christmas (although I wonder if the meaning of “sexism” and “sexual harassment” were lost in translation). And I’m sure you’ll be shocked — shocked! — to hear this guy has allegedly been accused of inappropriate behavior in the past. Try to keep your “Secretary” fantasies out of the office, people. [IceNews] Keep reading »
Last week, I went on a date. I haven’t been on a date in two years, owing to the relationship I was in that recently ended, and it was the most nerve wracking experience since the first day of high school. I tried on, like, six different outfits. I spent an hour and a half showering and doing my hair and makeup. As I walked to the restaurant where we’d agreed to meet for dinner, I forced myself to take long, deep breaths of the cold February air to calm down. It only kind of worked.
There’s no question my two-year relationship changed me from being the kind of girl who would sleep with two different men in one weekend just to have fun to a “relationship girl.” I feel like my wild oats were thoroughly sown — which is a good thing! — and that I matured a lot in the past few years. After the security, intimacy and love that I had with Ex-Mr. Jessica, I don’t think I could go backwards to being the rowdy girl I was before. At least right now, hopping in and out of bed with different dudes for fun just plain doesn’t interest me.
But I don’t know if I can do the exact opposite, either. The idea of dating someone seriously again, with the intention a relationship, is seriously daunting. Remember, I was dumped only a little over a month ago. Dipping my pinky toe into dating again — albeit briefly — has only shown me it’s too soon: I am still way, way, waaaay too messed up by all the things Ex-Mr. Jessica did to me to do this. Keep reading »