Jennifer Lawrence had a scheduled appearance on “The Late Show With David Letterman” recently, but she couldn’t make it. Why? Because she was crapping her pants. Several times a day. And had to go to the hospital. “You can only shit your pants so many times a day before you, like, have to go to the emergency room,” she said. This is true. Jennifer shared all of these details and more with David Letterman, who could only respond, “Oh … my … goodness.” Get well soon, Jennifer! And stay near a toilet! [YouTube]
Profile for Jessica Wakeman
George Zimmerman’s “Sources” Claim Girlfriend Is Lying About Pregnancy & Domestic Violence, Because Of Course
“Sources” connected to George Zimmerman, the Florida neighborhood watch volunteer who was acquitted this summer of murdering unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, say his girlfriend is lying about the circumstances of his domestic abuse arrest on Monday.
Samantha Scheibe called 911 on Monday after Zimmerman allegedly smashed furniture in her house and pointed a shotgun at her. On the 911 call, you can hear Scheibe as she is being hustled outside her house in Apopka, Florida, by Zimmerman, who apparently locked the door behind her so she couldn’t get back in. He was charged with aggravated assault, domestic violence battery and criminal mischief.
However, through TMZ, Zimmerman’s sources are claiming that Scheibe is making all this up because Zimmerman tried to break up with her. The sources claim she concocted a possibly-fake pregnancy to keep him around and when that didn’t work, she made up the domestic violence. You know, as “revenge.” Keep reading »
- Remember how yesterday we said Chris Brown was asked to leave rehab after only two weeks because he was violent? TMZ got its hands on the probation report and here’s why he got the boot: Chris Brown’s mom came to the rehab for a family session and urged her son to get extensive treatment. Chris got so angry that he picked up a rock and threw it through her car window, shattering it. What a dick! Yesterday, on the Probation Department’s encouragment, a judge ordered Chris to spend 90 days in a rehab with a special focus on anger management and submit to drug testing. Hide the rocks. [TMZ, The Superficial]
- Mike Sorrentinto, AKA “The Situation” from “Jersey Shore,” is the target of a federal felony investigation for finance-related crimes concerning his various companies. Between him and the Giudices, New Jersey should build a jail wing just for its shady reality stars. [TMZ] Keep reading »
- It’s really true — sources have confirmed to Us Weekly that Leighton Meester and Adam Brody are engaged. Congratulations! Maybe Josh Schwartz can officiate. [US Weekly]
- Teresa and Joe Giudice from “The Real Housewives Of New Jersey” plead not guilty today to the newest fraud charges against them. [ABC News]
- Barney’s isn’t to blame for racial profiling, according to Barney’s. [Gothamist]
- Chris Hemsworth’s wife Elsa Pataky is pregnant with the couple’s second child. Mazel tov! [US Weekly] Keep reading »
- Gloria Steinem and Oprah Winfrey both received the Presidential Medal of Freedom today from President Barack Obama at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. Ironically, Steinem was the first-ever woman to speak at the Club in 1971 and, at the time, was given the traditional gift of a men’s tie. [Ms Magazine, Marie Claire]
- The Supreme Court refused to block a restriction on Texas abortions. [New York Times]
- An Alabama woman has spoken out about the sentencing of her rapist, Austin Clem, who received no jail time despite being convicted of three rape charges, including raping her when she was only 13. [New York Times]
- The General Synod of the Church of England voted to allow women to be bishops. [Guardian UK] Keep reading »
Sorry, John Burbine, but sacrificing your nuts is not a fair trade for allegedly raping and sexually abusing 13 children. Keep reading »
Are you done eating lunch? Because mass murderer Charles Manson has a 25-year-old maybe-fiancee he renamed “Star,” who has been visiting him prison since she was a teenager.
To you and I, today is the 20th day of November and one week from Thanksgiving vacation. But one group of Christian women and girls, today is the 20th day of not wearing any makeup to revel in their natural beauty. No Makeup November is a project of Rave Ministries, which hopes “that for one month kids, teens, mothers, and grandmothers will relish every opportunity possible to see the true beauty that God has breathed in them.” Keep reading »
Voters in Albuquerque, New Mexico defeated a proposed ban on abortion after 20 weeks in a special election yesterday. The ban would have criminalized all abortions after 20 weeks, including those resulting from incest and rape or in cases when a women’s health is at risk. Had it passed, Albuquerque would have become the first city in America to adopt such abortion restrictions. The measure was defeated 55 percent to 45 percent, with only one-fourth of the city’s voters casting a ballot, according to the New York Times. All women in NM would have been affected by the ban, as the only two clinics that perform these rare second- and third-trimester abortions are located in the city. Keep reading »
Former bumbling president/current amateur artist George W. Bush has expanded his painting repetoire since we last checked in with him. No longer is Dubya painting creepy portraits of himself in the shower (seriously, that’s actually something he painted) and in the bathtub. Last night he gifted Jay Leno with a portrait he painted of the “Tonight Show” host himself. Dare I say it’s actually good? Okay, good-ish. Please don’t send me hate mail, art students. I wonder where Leno is going to hang it. I feel like a portrait painted by a disgraced former president is a guest bathroom kind of thing.
What else has the most embarrassing president in recent history been up to? He adopted a stray cat named Bob. Also, he also declined to talk shit about President Obama, which was surprisingly classy of him. [ABC News, The Wire]