- Kids force their NJ-native Grandma to watch “Jersey Shore” and hilarity ensues — ” … sex and drinking and shaking and nudity all over the place.” [BuzzFeed]
- The silly banker caught looking at boobies in the background of a TV interview will keep his job after his wandering eye was publicly defended by the boob lady herself, supermodel Miranda Kerr. [Daily Mail]
- Don’t try to drink Brad Pitt under the table if you don’t want to die of alcohol poisoning. The man can hold his liquor, reports Sam Levine, his “Inglourious Basterds” co-star. [Us Weekly]
Profile for Erica Maxwell
- “Fun with Dick and Jane” on FX at 9:00 a.m.
- “Pregnant for 46 Years” on Discovery Health at 10:00 a.m.
- “I Love Lucy” on Hallmark at 11:00 a.m.
- “Michael Jackson: Devotion on Fuse at 12:00 p.m.
Do the gamers have game? What’s behind the avatar? Can an Undead Warlock ever get along with a Gnome Warrior? Nerve.com got down and dirty with a handful of World of Warcraft players to find out what’s up in their bedroom and in Azeroth. We’ve got the highlights … Keep reading »
I’m occasionally a bit of a procrastinator. According to the calendar on my office wall, it is December 2009, and I’ve still got to pick up vodka for New Year’s. But, fortunately for all of us, the powers that be at the New York City Sex Bloggers Calendar do not have this problem. They’ve got future sexiness on the brain, and they’re seeking centerfolds from anywhere in the country for 2011. For the past two years, they’ve been using the calendars to raise funds to promote healthy, positive sexuality, under the premise that sex is fun and awesome, and sexual freedom is a basic human right. In 2011, all the proceeds from the calendar will go to the Woodhull Freedom Foundation, an organization that advances the cause of sexual speech, education, and expression. They oppose abstinence-only curricula, the misuse and abuse of sex workers, and legislation that governs the bedroom. They also foster scientific study of human sexuality, positive body image, and artistic expression. All good stuff! Any cutie patootie — gay, straight, male, female, trans, queer — sex blogger of any ethnicity or size is invited to submit a photo. All in favor of nominating our own Simcha?! [New York City Sex Bloggers Calendar] Keep reading »
- “Dirty Jobs” on Discovery at 9:00 a.m.
- “Taking the Stage” on MTV at 10:00 a.m.
- “How Stella Got Her Groove Back” on Lifetime at 11:00 a.m.
- “The Windmill Movie” on HBO at 12:00 p.m.
- “Everyday Food” on PBS at 1:00 p.m.
- “True Lies” on TNT at 2:00 p.m.
This year, the four major TV networks — ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX — picked up 69 new shows between them, and hardly any of them were created by women. A measly 13 percent go to the fairer sex, making this the “worst year for women in TV in a decade.” Writers rooms are notoriously toxic to women, what with the David Letterman-esque scandals and penis-party atmospheres. With statistics like this, we can expect more sitcoms of the “schlubby man with gorgeous wife is confused about life” variety.
It’s the TV renaissance! Patron Saint Tina Fey, we turn to you. Jane Espenson, we love everything you do. Help us in our time of trial, and bring the ladies back to the networks. [Felicia Day] Keep reading »
I love my husband. He’s a fantastic gent who makes swoon-worthy stuffed french toast, fixes my bicycle when it breaks down, and plus he loves me and stuff. But, when there’s a new tech update, I shudder. It’s a reflex. If only Steve Jobs could see what he did to me last night at the bar … Keep reading »
Valentine’s Day is coming, bringing with it metric tons of frilly pink crepe paper, dudes making their once-yearly cooking attempts, and a windfall for the Whitman’s chocolate factory. The annual love-fest has become overwhelming enough that Anti V-Day is equally ubiquitous, yet I sometimes find myself lamenting my shacked-up state. The single-people celebrations tend towards bad-ass-ery, sex, and fun, free of pudgy cupids. The New York Times ran a piece yesterday offering suggestions on how we can all make our V-Day experiences a little more, ahem, risqué than cheap champagne. Keep reading »
- Jennifer Lopez will guest-star in a March episode of “How I Met Your Mother” as a sexy self-help guru bent on breaking Barney of his lady-using ways. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Check out Kermit The Frog’s X-Ray, and observe his muppet-related condition. [BuzzFeed]
- You can see the evolution of the Kardashian clan in this family album. [Us Weekly]
It’s a dreary winter Thursday — let’s play the blind item guessing game!
This reality star got ejected from a New Jersey nightclub on New Year’s Eve after imbibing a little too much, and getting a little too jerky. Upon the unceremonious tossing, he/she started shouting, “Don’t you know who I am?”
So many fame-headed celebs, and so many choices. I may not be famous, but at least I can hold my liquor. Who do you think got tossed on New Year’s? Keep reading »