- “Dirty Jobs” on Discovery at 10:00 am
- “Sarah Plain and Tall” on Hallmark at 11:00 am
- “An Officer and a Gentleman” on TVLand at 12:00 pm
Profile for Erica Maxwell
- Amanda Seyfried dishes that Megan Fox, her “Jennifer’s Body” co-star, is in fact a good kisser. [TMZ] — News sure to induce groans from girlfriends across the nation.
- Miley Cyrus abruptly shut down her Twitter reportedly because her rumored boyfriend, Liam Hemsworth, doesn’t think she should have one since he doesn’t. [PopEater — If she’s such an adult why can’t she make her own decisions?
Despite the “Is Disney Racist?” controversy surrounding “The Princess and the Frog,” my mixed feelings over the entire frilly pink princess marketing regime and the fact that I’m a grown woman, I’m unabashedly excited for the first hand-animated Disney cartoon in what feels like forever. Almost against my will, I’m overwhelmed with the warm happy memories of being taken to see Ariel in “The Little Mermaid,” getting my own popcorn, and leaving the theater with a song on my lips that annoyed my parents and teachers for two years. I can’t help it. This video is like nostalgia-crack to an addict. Keep reading »
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, it was the time of Don and Betty Draper from “Mad Men.” A stylish time of men in hats and suits and when people dressed up to go to the mall. A time before the hippies ruined everything with peace, love, patchouli, and beards. Here are a few ways to teleport yourself back without the hassle of building a teleporter…
Keep reading »
- “Antiques Roadshow UK” on BBCAmerica at 8:00 am
- “The Princess Diaries” on ENC at 9:00 am
- “I am Legend” on HBO at 10:00 am
- “Rachel Zoe Project” on BRAVO at 1:00 pm
- “MythBusters” on Discovery at 2:00 pm
- “Gilmore Girls” on SOAP at 3:00 pm
- Kristen Stewart reveals to Interview how she is terrorized by paparazzi and afraid to leave her hotel room. [Popeater]
- National Review writer John Derbyshire spews crap about women’s “baby batter” and turning back suffrage. [The Huffington Post] — Hurrah, conservative misogyny!
- Dreamboats Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig‘s Broadway play, “A Steady Rain,” has broken the record for the highest weekly gross for a production that isn’t a musical with $1,167,954. [New York Times] — Obviously this play with this cast is from heaven. And heaven should let me have a seat inside the pearly gates.
This economy, it’s kind of like a bad boyfriend. It used to be sweet. It bought you dresses and took you out for cocktails, but then it changed. Now it isn’t returning your calls and maybe you are running out of shopping therapy cash. But don’t load up those credit cards! Here are 10 things you can do to find yourself and feel better without getting a haircut or buying new shoes. Keep reading »
Starring Ellen Page, Alia Shawkat, and Kristen Wiig
Directed by Drew Barrymore
Written by Shauna Cross
You know that Hulu commercial with Alec Baldwin where he’s an alien turning our brains to soft, goopy edible mush through the power of television on the internet? Somewhere there is a boardroom full of old men (or aliens) twirling waxed black mustaches and guffawing over the latest sales figures of the newest insipid feel-good rom-com. Well, hang onto your helmets and strap on your skates ladies, because “Whip It” is not that movie. Keep reading »
- A 19-pound baby was born in Indonesia. So glad it did not pop out of my vagina. [Babble]
- Justin Timberlake has been cast as Facebook founding president Sean Parker in the movie about the making of the social networking site. [Gawker]
- 10 Spanking Tips. Do I really need to say anything more? [Em & Lo]