- We’ve seen horrible mug shots before, but never has hair been so criminal. [Dumb As A Blog]
- A 53-year-old obsessed fan of Miley Cyrus was recently arrested. He claims she sent him “secret messages” through her TV show. [TMZ] – Sorry dude, you misheard her. She said, “Dude, you are too old to be watching ‘Hannah Montana.’”
- Lady GaGa was seen out partying wearing nothing but her knickers. [Popeater] – Better or worse than tights-as-pants?
Profile for Carrie Wasterlain
- Jennifer Love Hewitt wants to be part of the “Twilight” series so badly she’s offered to play “the vampire who carries Robert Pattinson’s luggage to the airport.” [Starpulse] – Is that human blood I smell? Or desperation?
- Tobey Maguire’s mother and brother will be starring in a new reality TV show called “Growing Up Maguire.” [Celebitchy] – But…why?
- Swimmer Ricky Berens had a wardrobe malfunction before competing Sunday, but he still helped the U.S. secure a spot in the 4x100m relay freestyle finals at the world swimming championships in Italy. [Dumb As A Blog]
In a recent Salon article, Mary Elizabeth Williams challenges the idea that women and men can’t be friends. Because, as you might know, there’s been a rumor going around that straight women and straight men can never be friends, since sex always gets in the way. Supposedly, the best options ladies have for companions are among their own gender (or gay dudes). As films like “The Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants” demonstrate, female bonds are some of the strongest. But does that make male/female friendships doomed and worthless? No! Keep reading »
- An arrest has been made regarding the death of “American Idol” contestant Alexis Cohen. Daniel Bark, 23, has been charged with death by reckless driving. [TMZ]
- Joe Jonas and Camilla Belle have split up. And then he cried about it during a performance. [Starpulse] – I can’t say I’m too upset – the fact that they look like identical twins kind of creeps me out.
A recent study shows that women are more unhappy than ever before. Over the past 50 years, mental disorders have risen significantly in women, while reported rates of “subjective well-being” have dropped dramatically. This would suggest that our mothers or grandmothers – those “oppressed housewives” that hadn’t yet reaped the benefits of the feminist movement — were, um, happier than we are? But how?! Keep reading »
These sandals are the perfect accent to any outfit, whether you’re heading to the beach or out on the town. They’re unique and fun, come in six colors, and are currently half-price. Wear them in black for a sleeker look or in bright orange for a refreshing pop of color. They’re classier than flip-flops but can also be worn casually — they look great with everything from dresses to jeans. Conclusion? They’re adorable, cheap, and versatile, and they’ll make your feet feel fabulous. So, indulge your toesies, and go strut your stuff in these sexy sandals. [$34.98, Steve Madden] Keep reading »
- We’ve all heard some kind of relationship excuse at some point, but did we know what they actually meant? Steve-O has the answer. [Lemondrop] — Yes, I said Steve-O. He’s much more than a prankster, you know.
- Daniel Radclife appeared on the cover of the gay U.K. magazine Attitude, and explained that he “loathes” homophobia and thinks it’s disgusting. [Just Jared] – Just another reminder that the “Harry Potter“star is smart and awesome.
- A paparazzi photographer has accused Jude Law of hitting her outside a London restaurant when she was trying to snap photos, and may bring her case to court though he suffered no injuries. [Pop Culture Madness] – Law says all the flashes caused him to flail his arms around, and that if he hit anyone, it was accidental. [That's a genius excuse. -- Ed.]
Since 20 percent of British couples getting married in a church already have children, and 44 percent of British children are born to unwed mothers, the Church of England is now offering a special deal: marriages and baptisms at the same time – for a cheaper cost. The two-for-one ceremonies are part of an effort to “woo people back to the pews and make the church more relevant and accessible to 21st century society,” according to The Guardian. A church spokesman told CNN this “is also a way to make the church more welcoming for unmarried parents and their families.”
- Angelina Jolie went to Iraq today for a day trip, visiting displaced families in Baghdad. [CNN] — Angie hoped her trip would bring attention to the issues facing displaced Iraqi families.
- Kendra Wilkinson has been working on a memoir that will hit stores next summer. The book will focus on Wilkinson’s childhood, Playboy years, and newlywed life. [Us Weekly] — Because what else would she have to discuss?
- Some Japanese men are starting a new dating trend: 2-D relationships. These dudes say they’ve fallen in love with their video game avatars, and some carry around picture or doll versions of the animated ladies to keep them company. [Jezebel] — While this form of dating is a great way to avoid rejection, it’s also weird and pathetic.