We never minded getting shots as a children because the Band-Aids we wore post-prick were so darn cute. We’ll even admit we stole ten (or a hundred) of them from our pediatrician over the years. Little did we know you can actually buy these adorably themed bandages – and you don’t have to sneak them into your pockets when your doc thinks you’re just getting dressed! These unique bandages come in enough styles to keep you and your boo-boos satisfied for years. They come in all sorts of shapes and designs, from hot red lips to bacon and eggs (yummm). You may just have to fall on purpose, for an excuse to don one of these wacky bandages. [$9, Fred Flare] Keep reading »
Profile for Carrie Wasterlain
“Mad Men” is finally back after a hiatus that drove me mad (Ha. Ha.), and according to reviews, it’s better than ever. I’m mostly looking forward to lusting after the new season’s chic outfits, fetching hairstyles, and the oh-so-sexy Don Draper, but the plot should be interesting as well. Last season ended with quite a few cliff hangers. Sterling Cooper is about to undergo one heck of a merge, which means quite a few job loses. Sounds familiar… To top that, Betty finds out she’s pregnant, Peggy reveals to Pete that she gave their baby away, and Joan is raped by her fiance. What Drama! The recent “Mad Men” ads have gotten me all excited for the return of the “sexiest show on television,” and I’ll surely be tuning in at 10 pm on Sunday. And don’t worry — if you have plans then, you can catch the rerun at eleven that night. I might have to watch both…
After the jump, check out this weekend’s TV schedule. Keep reading »
- Katie Holmes and her stylist Jeanne Yang are teaming up to create a fashion line for women and kids. [OK! Magazine] — The children’s line is reportedly inspired by Suri’s fashion sense, which means it will include lots of princess dresses and won’t be affordable.
- Jon Gosselin accused estranged wife Kate of “trying to cry it up for the cops” when she called 911 and broke down after he wouldn’t let her inside the gate of his house. [People] — Even if she did put on a sob fest, it didn’t work; Kate was sent home as Jon had custody of the kids that day.
- Jennifer Aniston will be singing and playing an instrument in her next film, “The Goree Girls.” [Us Weekly] — Is anyone else a little afraid to hear this?
- While Leonardo DiCaprio snuggled up with his new model galpal, ex-girlfriend Bar Rafaeli got on with her life by shooting the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. [Popeater] — After Leo sees this issue, he might regret their breakup a little more…
- “Scrubs” star Sarah Chalke has confirmed she’s expecting her first baby in the winter with hubby and entertainment lawyer Jamie Afifi. [Just Jared] — Congrats to the cute couple!
After all the hype about the excessive photoshopping and airbrushing that was done to Kelly Clarkson‘s photo on the cover of Self, Editor-In-Chief Lucy Danziger faced the Meredith Viera on the “Today” show to defend her magazine’s editing choices. Danzinger was hardly successful at defending herself. In fact, the more she spoke, the more contradictions she made, and the more confused I became. Keep reading »
Who’s The Blonde That Married What’s-His-Name by Carol Boswell and Lenore Skenazy is like Mad Libs for adults. In other words, you get to fill in the blanks and give your brain a mini-workout. The book uses the “tip-of-the-tongue phenomenon” (that frustrating feeling when you can’t find the word you’re looking for) to create puzzles that are fun to solve. The pop culture-inspired brainteasers are the perfect icebreaker. Even if you’re a little old for Mad Libs, you can indulge your craving for fill-in-the-blank games with this cute little tome. [$10.15, Amazon]
We’re giving five winners a copy of Who’s The Blonde That Married What’s-His-Name? But you have to work if you want one. The five best commenters for this coming week—from today, Friday, August 14 through Thursday, August 20—will be awarded one. So, be as clever, smart, and original as you can! Click HERE to read the official rules. Keep reading »
- Kourtney Kardashian has revealed who the father of her unborn child is: ex-boyfriend Scott Disick. [Pop Eater] – Ugh! We were hoping it was a one-night stand. Scott is such a jerk.
- Leonardo DiCaprio is having no trouble moving on from former girlfriend Bar Rafaeli. He’s romancing another leggy model — 23-year-old Anne Vyalitsyna. [Celebitchy]
- Heidi Pratt bragged to Playboy that she enjoys 20 to 30 orgasms a day, thanks to her “sex god,” Spencer. [The Sun] — Too. Much. Information.
In Dinosaur Soup Recipe Book, you’ll find 50 inspiring – and questionable – explanations written by kids on how to concoct their favorite foods. From Tripple Bibble Muffins, which take a hose to make, to Special Strawberry Pie, which involves adding a bowl of chocolate to a barrel of strawberries, these adorable recipes make up for their lack of sense with their ample creativity. You may not end up with anything edible, but you’ll be giggling the whole way through. [$16, Bob's Your Uncle] Keep reading »
Women protesters swarmed the streets of Nepal after the country’s government proposed paying men 50,000 rupees (about $1,000) to marry widowed women. A 10-year-long civil war responsible for the death of thousands of Nepalese men has left many women husbandless. Being a widow in Nepal isn’t easy because they are ostracized there. One woman explained that widows are prevented from wearing colorful clothes or attending events and are considered bad luck. Keep reading »
- Natalie Portman will be producing a comedy called “Booksmart,” in which two highschool girls realize they’ve achieved everything they’ve wanted to in high school, except landing boyfriends. [Just Jared] – Sounds like the Harvard grad got some inspiration from her own life (except I doubt she has troubling attracting men anymore).
- JoJo may have taken a hiatus from the music industry, but that’s because she’s got other things on her mind – college! The 18 year-old will be heading to Northeastern this fall and will be majoring in Cultural Anthropology. [Starpulse] — Maybe those college guys will give her new material for a comeback album.
- After Self magazine editors altered the heck out of Kelly Clarkson’s cover photo to the point that she was almost unrecognizable, they tried to defend themselves. [Jezebel] – They weren’t so successful.
You can never have enough canvas totes. They’re great for trips to the beach and walks around town, and they’re sturdy enough to hold loads of books. In honor of the upcoming Tim Burton remake of “Alice in Wonderland,” why not make your next canvas tote this Alice-inspired one? You can’t beat the price, and the graphic is pretty cute, too. Stop schlepping things around in old shopping bags. Invest in a little canvas! You’ll save a heck of a lot of paper and plastic at the grocery store – and who doesn’t want to save the environment? [$12.95, Fishs Eddy] Keep reading »