Zergnet: Simply Irresistible
Profile for Annika Harris
We realize most women don’t have the luxury of wearing just about anything to work like we do. Most have to wear stuffy business attire, like a plain black suit, that can be rather boring. We don’t suggest you challenge your company’s dress code (we know you need that job), but we do have some suggestions for adding a little spice to your work wardrobe. Depending on the dress code, you can adopt patterned tights, colorful heels and flats, sparkly brooches, or unique belts (for a subtle change) into your wardrobe. That way you stay true to your style and HR stays happy. Keep clicking for ways to spice up your workwear.
- Zooey Deschanel married Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie on Saturday night near Seattle. [Dlisted] — Our invitation must have gotten lost in the mail.
- Khloe Kardashian plans to wed beau Lamar Odom within the next two weeks, so they can have time for a honeymoon before basketball season starts. [Us Weekly] — Or they could wait until after the season and see if they can last longer than a month.
- Chris Rock is rumored to be cheating with Kerry Washington, and his wife wouldn’t let him take a part in David Mamet’s “Race” because Kerry is in it. [NY Daily News] — They had a lot of chemistry in “I Think I Love My Wife,” but I don’t see Kerry as the home-wrecker type.
Meet Vecente. He was a guest on “The Tyra Show” for the judgment day episode and said some really hateful and hurtful things about another guest because the guest has dark skin. As you can see from the video above, Vecente makes some statements that are really infuriating, but he reportedly claims the show’s producers and Tyra told him what kind of character he was supposed to portray. He also says the talk show is scripted. Vecente says his racist, politically incorrect statements were only for television purposes. [Media Takeout]
He could be lying as a result of the backlash he’s received since his appearance aired, but I’m pretty sure I’ve caught “The Tyra Show” using an actor as a guest at least once. I watched an episode from the first season, I believe, in which this guy who Tyra said was a lawyer in real life was supposed to pretend to be a stalker so a woman could learn not to trust men she meets just because they look wealthy. A few hours after the episode ended, I saw the same guy in a commercial for something that slips my mind. He was an actor and the commercial continued to air after that episode. Keep reading »
- Fergie has been slapped with copyright infringement lawsuit by the little-known reggae group Groundation, which alleges she stole her song “Voodoo Doll” from a track they recorded earlier. [Starpulse] — I can believe it. She totally stole Gwen Stefani‘s style.
- Alicia Keys threw boyfriend Swizz Beats a birthday party, and his soon-to-be ex-wife showed up and verbally assaulted Alicia. [Your Tango] — Alicia is reportedly the reason the couple split up, so the ex’s behavior is kind of understandable…and embarrassing.
- Apparently, some people need reasons to wash their hands after peeing. [Shine] — I try not to think about all the people who don’t wash hands routinely.