Zergnet: Simply Irresistible
Profile for Amelia McDonell-Parry
1. She’s the oldest contestant ever on “Dancing With The Stars” and freaking KILLED IT in her first performance last night.
2. She’s a longtime vegetarian. I eat meat (Catherine is a veg, though) but I think it’s kind of awesome that Cloris has been off the animal flesh since before it was cool.
3. Cloris attempted to keep one of our favorite shows of the 1980s alive, by appearing as the replacement den mother on “The Facts Of Life”, after Charlotte Rae’s character, Mrs. Garrett, left the show.
Keep reading »
“Mad Men” is my favorite smart show on television (“America’s Next Top Model” is my favorite stupid show), partially because my loins desire the raw magnetism of Don Draper, but also because I absolutely love the compelling story lines driven by the show’s main actresses. Betty Draper’s character is of particular interest to me and I think she is portrayed so subtly by January Jones. But who the heck is the actress with the porn star-worthy name anyway? Well, for starters, she must have been born to fabulous parents — upon her birth in 1978 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, her parents named her after the character “January Wayne”, from Jacqueline Susann’s “Once Is Not Enough”. That just happens to be one of my favorite trashy reads — I mean, who names their kid after a character in one of the trashiest pill-popping novels of the 1970s? Awesome people, that’s who. Read on for more January Jones info, including the slew of Hollywood stars she’s dated. Keep reading »
I consider myself a bit of a celebrity sex tape connoisseur. Watching celebrities have sex for real, kind of reminds me that they’re human, just like the rest of us. Seeing celebrities use the toilet would probably have the same effect, but it’s not as fun. Anyway, here are the top eight you should really know about, where you might find them if they were carried in a video store, and some key tidbits in order to increase your potential to be a good dinner party guest. Because people LOVE to talk about celebrity sex tapes over tuna casserole, trust me.
1. “One Night In Paris” starring Paris Hilton & Rick Solomon
Where To Find It: Next to “The Blair Witch Project”, filed under “night vision goggles” and “totally overrated.”
Best Scene: Paris literally texts away on her Sidekick while Solomon has his way with her. Keep reading »
So, David Blaine, the “magician”/endurance artist, is up to his familiar tricks again, this time hanging upside down in New York City for 60 hours. Why? God knows. But speaking of David Blaine and his enormous God-complex, did you know he’s a total modelizer? After dating awesomely mopey singer Fiona Apple in the late ’90s, Blaine has gone on to shag seriously NOTHING but models — check out the four on his roster, above (clockwise from left: Lonneke Engel, Manon Von Gerken, Josie Maran, and Mallory Snyder). Blaine is not alone — after the jump, fellow model-lovers, Leonardo DiCaprio & Josh Hartnett and their slew of leggy paramours. Keep reading »
I love award shows, so this means something coming from me — The Emmy’s sucked. And I’m not just bitter because Jon Hamm didn’t win Best Actor in a Drama Series for playing Don Draper on “Mad Men”. The best moment, by far, of the whole night was Tina Fey’s acceptance speech, but outside of that, the only thing I could muster up any enthusiasm about was the clothes. After the jump, ten looks that stood out, to go along with our poll below. Keep reading »
My relationship status is in limbo. Eight days ago I was engaged. Now I don’t know what I am. I’m not single, but I’m certainly feeling an aloneness that I haven’t felt in four and half years — it’s traumatizing and weirdly liberating all at once. During the first few days of this new stage of my life, I found it impossible to get out of bed, my bones ached, and I had a strong desire to sleep for the next 100 years. But since then I’ve discovered how to pick myself back up and offer to you 10 tips for surviving the first week of heartbreak.
10. Pop Pills: Obtained legally and under the advisement of your doctor, of course. Let’s face it, the first few days, it’s really hard to conceive of life being worth living. I don’t care if you’re all girl power strong and resilient — heartbreak can knock the wind out of any Calamity Jane. that’s why I can vouch for the effectiveness of a nice, doctor-prescribed dose of anti-depressants and sleeping meds to take the edge off. Sleep your ass off and after a couple deep dreams, you’ll wake up feeling refreshed.
Keep reading »