Worst Nightmare: Woman Grabs Super Glue Instead Of Eye Drops And, Well, You Know What Happened

Let the following story be a lesson to all you eyesight impaired folks out there: keep your eye drops and contact lens cleaner as far away as possible from your craft supplies. You don’t want to end up in the same boat as Florida’s Katie Gaydos.

See, one day Gaydos was out and about, minding her own biz, when some debris was accidentally blown into her eye by a guy operating a leafblower. Luckily, Katie knew she had some eyedrops in her purse, but given her impaired vision, she asked for his help in finding it. Not so luckily, what he grabbed was a small bottle of glue used for applying press-on nails. I’m pretty sure you can guess what happened next. According to Mediaite, the glue “sealed Gaydos’ eyelid mostly shut, while irritating the eye enough to cause a steady stream of tears.”

To add insult to injury, Gaydos is both unemployed and uninsured, and was turned away from the local clinic she visited to deal with her emergency because she couldn’t pay for their services. Gaydos would probably still be walking around with one eye open, but thankfully, the doctor’s office invited her back after seeing her story on the news.

“It was the same office, but a different doctor,” she told local news station WPBF. “He put Lidocaine above and below my eye and just pulled on it until it finally opened.” She’s expected to make a full recovery and will hopefully no longer keep her eye drops and her nail glue in the same place again. [Mediaite]