10 Life Lessons We Learned From Mindy Lahiri
For some reason that our heavy hearts can barely handle, Fox callously canceled our beloved “Mindy Project” after three seasons. But! There’s hope! The show’s production company is reportedly in talks with Hulu to extend the series by many seasons. Hulu’s where half of us already watch the show anyway! Maybe nothing has to end at all (except for what is clearly my journey down the long flowing river of denial.) As Mindy Kaling herself remains blissfully distant from the cancellation hubbub in Montana, let’s reflect on the many lessons her onscreen alter ego, Dr. Mindy Lahiri, taught us about life.
1. The importance of using your words.
2. Body positivity.
3. Body honesty!
4. The importance of doing whatever you need to do to get through the day.
5. Creative decorating skills (you’ll be missed, Wreath Witherspoon)!
6. Self-love in times of distress.
7. The fact that not all cat-haters are terrible people.
8. That sometimes, life really does send you a romantic comedy moment.
9. How to finish strong.
10. The most important lesson of all: be your own role model.
Now, since we may never see him again, let’s end our day with a long, gratuitous gaze at Diamond Dan. He’ll miss you too.