5 Things To Know About Zendaya
Zendaya is a person that lots of people have heard of now, because Giuliana Rancic is a shrill, casually racist women who feel it’s cool to say shitty, ignorant things about other people’s looks. However, if you’re wondering who the newest queen of the clapback is, I’m here for you. Let’s learn, together.
1. She’s from Oakland and is only 18 years old. Zendaya’s from the Bay, and she got her start dancing with the dance troupe Future Shock Oakland. Here’s an adorable video of her reppin’ the green and yellow for the Oakland A’s and dancing her little heart out.
2. She was in the video for the Kidz Bop version of Katy Perry’s seminal work, “Hot and Cold.”
3. She’s a product of the Disney machine. I’ve never seen “Shake It Up!” and my only frame of reference is that my best friend’s sister was the costume designer for the show. But, upon meticulous research, I can confirm that it’s basically a modern version of “Kids, Incorporated,” which gives it a go in my book. Here, watch this dance-off between her and Bella Thorne:
4. She was gonna be in the Aaliyah movie, but then pulled out, for a very good reason. Zendaya was going to be in that trainwreck Aaliyah biopic, but then she backed out. Here’s her three Instagram videos explaining why.
#part2 #aaliyah #respect A video posted by Zendaya (@zendaya) on
5. She’s now making some really good music. Zendaya released two songs with Oakland rapper-songwriter Bobby Brackins, the musical genius behind Tinashe’s slinky, catchy-as-fuck jam from this summer, “2 On.” Here’s my favorite of the two, “My Jam,” featuring Mr. Brackins himself and the butter-smooth, bedroom stylings of Jeremih.